Talk

Advanced search

Help me start to wear dresses again please

(7 Posts)
SeamStitch Tue 18-Oct-11 12:56:40

I was brave and bought this dress from Dorothy Perkins and I had so many compliments I have decided that dresses are the way forward. I'd only need to have a stash of tights and my lovely black riding boots and then I'm done, I'd have complete outfits and look quite smart.

So, I looked good in that dress which others could I try?

I'm 5ft4, a size 12 mostly (but losing weight so getting towards size 10, the dress I got from DP was a 10 actually, big size I think). Brown hair, blue eyes, hourglass shape with a touch of pear shape

Looking to not spend masses because I'm losing weight so they may not still fit next year, say up to £40?

Clayhead Tue 18-Oct-11 21:16:51

Bumping for you.

FritziGreenEyes Tue 18-Oct-11 21:45:35

Black Zara dress with swan print

Blue tea dress from Warehouse

Wrapdress in Kingfisher from Warehouse again

Bargain. Could look good on hourglass.

Or this? But would need cardi

Asos might be worth a look too. They have sale ATM.

SeamStitch Tue 18-Oct-11 21:54:16

Thanks, I love the blue tea dress from Warehouse, I just wonder if I'm too old for it? I'm a weather worn 31 (going-on-45 year old ie. look permanently knackered from having a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old!)

Like the teal wrap dress from Warehouse too, I'd never normally think of going in there, maybe I should give it a try.

Sleepwhenidie Tue 18-Oct-11 22:58:52

31 too old shock of course not!

LesserOfTwoWeevils Tue 18-Oct-11 23:59:34

DP has some very nice fit and flare dresses that will work perfectly if you're pear-shaped, and they're in plain colours so you can wear them with different tights, jackets etc for different looks. In fact DP is a great place to start because they have so many dresses and they're so cheap, you can try different dress styles from there and find out what suits you.

alwaysblue Wed 19-Oct-11 13:47:10

OP, Im 32 and 5"3 and a size 10 so v similar to you and also have just discovered how easy dresses are to wear. i used to spend all my time in jeans and got so fed up of that. i prefer wearing dresses in winter cos you can wear them with tights and boots rather than exposing my awful white legs!!

the ponte dresses from DP that Twoeevils linked to are really nice and i think would be v flattering. i just bought a v similar one from oasis in a purpley/blue kind of colour.

you should def get yourself to warehouse, i tried on a lovely tea dress but was too booby for it, but i bought a nice jumper dress there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now