Talk

Advanced search

MISTRAL SIZING

(9 Posts)
kittydreamer Tue 18-Oct-11 11:11:40

hello has anyone any advice on Mistral clothing? I need a long sleeve t shirt . I am generally a 14 in Boden ,Large in Gap and sometimes need a 16 over the tummy area but this can sometimes mean the bust or shoulders too large!! Any views on Mistral sizing much appreciated thanks.

latrucha Tue 18-Oct-11 11:14:54

I think you'd be fine with a 14. I was disappointed with how their jersey t'shirts washed though sad

kittydreamer Tue 18-Oct-11 11:27:17

Latrucha why were you disappointed with how they washed?

latrucha Tue 18-Oct-11 12:40:54

I think, though I can't swear to it, that they got shorter. Also the quality of the cotton looked nice for a couple of months but now is definitely fading and looking thinnish. I'm not sure I'd go there again (although the original quailty was nicer than most IYSWIM)

latrucha Tue 18-Oct-11 13:02:03

Mind you, I'm talking about white t'shirts, which are definitely the hardest things to remain looking good.

And I have two children under 4 so they are worn pretty hard.

GetOutMyPub Tue 18-Oct-11 17:19:01

I am a size 16 & think I am a pretty true 16 (although I still have some pre-children size 14 wallis bits that still fit)

I found their sizing a bit on the small side especially their tops (although I do have large norks)

Eskarina Tue 18-Oct-11 18:26:54

I fing the sizing about average for the tops - I can wear either an 8 or a 10 depending on the garment which is similar to other places. The bottoms however are made for people with neither waist nor bum, very straight over the hips and don't suit me at all. Such a shame as I adore their print skirts.

neuroticmumof3 Tue 18-Oct-11 19:44:30

I think they come up small compared with White Stuff. I don't think their quality matches their prices which is a shame because they do some nice pieces in good colours.

kittydreamer Wed 19-Oct-11 11:41:57

thanks all . only wanted a long sleeve t shirt and am dithering as a lot I have sent for online has gone back this season, hassle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now