Talk

Advanced search

Hourglasses - what tops are you wearing this season?

(4 Posts)
sproooOOoogger Tue 18-Oct-11 10:31:27

Everything seems very floaty this A/W. Lots of tops that hang off your bosom and look great on women who aren't broad shouldered/large norked. Or things are very slouchy/chunky knit - again, great on the petite, but make me look like I've put on two stone whilst dressing.

So far my favourite top purchase is a pretty bog standard black v-neck jumper, which at least goes out and in at the right spots. It's hardly setting the world alight, though.

Please inspire me. What are you loving to wear?

Parasaurolophus Tue 18-Oct-11 10:57:13

this

I have it in blue and black. The perfect top series from isabelle oliver is good, I have had to size down. Mostly I am wearing dresses this season, there is a lot of good choice in flattering dresses.

mumtoted Tue 18-Oct-11 22:29:25

Am I the only big busted hourglass who doesn't find wrap overs flattering? I think it makes me look as if I have one enormous boob and one smaller boob.

Apart from that, sorry, nothing constructive to add. Watching with interest though as I find it incredibly difficult to find tops.

sproooOOoogger Wed 19-Oct-11 20:36:40

Okay, I've done some research today. I do this all for my fellow hourglasses, you understand. grin

Tried this and this on in Mango - both quite good hourglass options, I found. The first one is a wrap but doesn't 'cling" to norms like a jersey one would, and the sash is very flattering. Nice with a pencil skirt or slim trousers. The second one is a more forgiving fit if you have a bit of tum, but that so-crucial seam under the bust is a lifesaver.

Also popped into All Saints (yes, not cheap) and tried on a really cute waistcoat - waist length, single button, very fitted. Gave me all sorts of ideas for cinching my waist in without always relying on belts on looser tops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now