Talk

Advanced search

Help me find the perfect long sleeved white t-shirt please!!

(8 Posts)
AnnieMated Tue 18-Oct-11 07:57:07

I've looked everywhere it seems, and just cannot find a good plain white long sleeved t-shirt that aren't all baggy round the neck (like Next ones) or too thin and see-through (like New Look).

I definitely don't mind spending a bit more to get a decent, thick cotton, fitted but long-line plain white t-shirt to layer under winter jumpers mainly. But where to go please?

Spoutlet Tue 18-Oct-11 08:23:24

I've got a few Gap ones - they wash quite well and the material's reasonably thick: www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=57349&vid=1&pid=694439&scid=694439097 Boden are also good, how about this www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL603-WHT/Womens-White-Essential-Scoop-Neck.html - I have it in grey and it's quite soft and thick smile

AnnieMated Tue 18-Oct-11 09:43:04

Thanks so much, both look good but the Boden one looks very scoop necked - I tend to like mine fitted high around the neck to stop the dreaded itch when you put a wool jumper or cardigan over the top iyswim?!

I don't know, it seems the more basic an item (whether clothes, food or whatever) I'm MILES more fussy mare-ish about! Am I alone?

thinNigella Tue 18-Oct-11 10:55:08

Have you tried Sainsburys? I've got a few from there - not see-through and wash well. I prefer scoop necked though but they did have some high necked ones last year.

Optimism Tue 18-Oct-11 16:38:50

Boden have round necked ones too here. I bought a couple last year and they are great. Good quality and they have elastane in them too which my Gap ones don't. Hence they are a much nicer fit and don't go baggy and out of shape. Also quite nice and long.

Popbiscuit Tue 18-Oct-11 16:50:18

The Gap ones are lovely and thick and do have a bit of extra length in the body and sleeves which I really appreciate. I haven't had tees from Boden for a few years because they always seemed to be oddly short and got even shorter in the wash. Does anyone know if they have improved this?

alwaysrunninginheels Tue 18-Oct-11 17:46:37

I have converted my best friends to the cheap as chips Primark ones. They do v necks, round necks amd polo necks in loads of colours....cotton versions, stretch versions....and the last time i bought them they were less than £3.00(Hence i bulk buy)!!!! I found them when i was last pregnant, when my mum insisted i try them and haven't looked back since. My friends were godsmacked when they found the designer jeans and handbag wearing woman was sporting primarks finest but they are really good. So my expensive t shirt days are behind me....leaving more for the handbags and jeans! Worth a shot at £3.00!!!

AnnetteProfit Tue 18-Oct-11 17:56:31

oh my god.
i am sorry
the bloody boden hampton tee is ecelelnte despite top

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now