Talk

Advanced search

boden sizing

(4 Posts)
mac12 Mon 17-Oct-11 10:14:45

is it usually generous? I bought two dresses on ebay and they swamp me - great for hiding my post-pregnancy bulges - but once i get back into shape I'd like to buy more of their stuff that actually fits. I'm usually an 8-10 but currently more like a 14-16 - damn those pregnancy cravings for mini magnums grin

ujjayi Mon 17-Oct-11 11:45:39

I find they are generously sized for dresses and tops but on the snug side for knitwear and coats/jackets. Skirts - I'm afraid is always trial and error for me - I have both 8 and 10s from Boden and yet they all fit hmm

It also depends on the shape of the dress. Shift dresses tend to be true to size but I find their A-line dresses usually swamp my hips - definitely designed for classic english pears smile The only exception to this was their lovely a-line linen tunic this summer which was a perfect fit - I guess because it was meant to be a more relaxed fit over the hips.

mac12 Mon 17-Oct-11 19:49:17

thank you ujjayi, that's really helpful to know. I find buying clothes a constant trial and error - would never buy trousers online, for example - as no two places seem to have a standard size. And it doesn't help that my shape has changed dramatically up and down over the past five years - i seem to have about four different wardrobes based on whether I'm pregnant, breastfeeding, back to normal or somewhere in between!

mirpuppet Mon 17-Oct-11 20:37:39

If you read the boden reviews -- the sizing is all over the place I suspect that some of the stuff that gets ebayed on is stuff that does not fit true to size. When I order tend to buy two sizes just to see which is more flattering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now