Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for dd (7)

(15 Posts)
goingmadinthecountry Mon 17-Oct-11 00:34:08

I really can't find any basic tops etc I like for dd - 7 and tall. Also nothing she likes. She's too tall for H and M little stuff, big stuff is a bit big and teenager-ish. Hate the naff pinkness of Next etc - we did have a good look there to be fair. Zara is uber the word I can't write but horrible, M and S should be shot, Monsoon,s great for weddings. Joules is too twee. Just want nice un-naff stuff. Any recommendations please? BTW much as I like Boden, doesn't cut it for dd.

Other 3 are much older - never remember this problem with them.

Sillyoldelf Mon 17-Oct-11 00:36:42

How about John Lewis ?

onwardandupwards Mon 17-Oct-11 00:49:45

To be honest my dd loves George at asda, she totally loves it, second to that new look do a nice range hope this helps.

SamMiguel Mon 17-Oct-11 00:59:10

What about Vertbaudet?

startail Mon 17-Oct-11 01:05:21

My DD2 is 10 and I agree next and M&S are dreadful and I never much like H&M.
Supermarkets and Primark. Nice t shirts and hoodies from outdoor shops.

josephinebonaparte Mon 17-Oct-11 01:42:25

Fat face?

alarkaspree Mon 17-Oct-11 02:55:35

Lands end?

BleughCowWonders Mon 17-Oct-11 04:36:17

I find sainburys good for children's clothes. Agree with all the op about the other shops! I dislike tesco for quality ( and have no asda nearby) but sainsburys really seems to do well at plain basics that last.

CaptainNancy Mon 17-Oct-11 10:17:02

Gap? They often have lots of nice things, though last couple of seasons have been a bit 'blingy' hmm they usually carry good basics throughout the year though, and can be bought online too now (I'm guessing you're fairly rural?).

Agree about sainsburys (though you have to look past the 'picture' type tops. Their clothes wash and dry really well, and they do lots of nice coloured basics.
JL are great usually.

Its difficult when they're tall though, as just going up sizes can be hard- I do like places that do adjustable waist trousers, and H&M usually have plain cords or twill trousers that do adjust. Boden too (sorry).

Luckily we don't need huge amounts of clothing, because DD is in unifrom for school. I can usually find enough. When she was smaller, I adored gymboree, but it's hard to get in uk now, and also seems to have gone off a little.

Francagoestohollywood Mon 17-Oct-11 10:24:50

Have you got OKAIDI in the UK? They do nice tshirts and nice jumpers and cardigans in basic colours (it is a bit random though, sometimes it's full of nice things other times it's a bit meh)

Fourthdimensionallizard Mon 17-Oct-11 10:30:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThingsThatGoFlumpInTheNight Mon 17-Oct-11 10:37:24

I agree about Sainsburys girls' clothes (Tu) - they are pretty good quality, particularly for a supermarket brand, and they are stylish without being too 'grown up' - much nicer than Asda & Tesco clothes IMO. I get the bulk of DDs stuff in there then pad it out with some extras usually from Gap, John Lewis, Boden etc.

teta Mon 17-Oct-11 11:31:52

Matalan is good for kids clothes from 0-10/11,before the New Look phase starts.I have bought some good dresses from Florence and Fred [Tescos] as well.I find it helpful to show dd the clothes first, online, before buying.However my 7 year old dd is quite girly and loves pink etc.

goingmadinthecountry Mon 17-Oct-11 16:05:09

Thank you - will go to Sainsbury's for a look. Totally forgot about Gap - probably because nearest is about 40 miles away! I'll also be trying the other suggestions. It's not unreasonable to want long sleeved tops in October really, is it?

Dancergirl Mon 17-Oct-11 21:05:49

I've just bought my 8 year old some stuff from Lands End

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now