Talk

Advanced search

Pumpkin Patch - prices!

(8 Posts)
Millie1 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:58:35

I buy from Pumpkin Patch fairly often for the children. On Friday I picked up two pairs of leggings and two tops ... £42 shock. I'm talking cotton leggings and tops - nothing flash. Had tights in my hand and glanced at the price ....£8.00!!!! For tights for a 3 year old? I put them back. Today I stumbled across two pairs of unopened, label and price stillintact, tights I bought last year for DTs, in PP ... they cost £5.50. That's a 45% increase in 12 months!

Now, is it just me or has PP got expensive and hiked their prices up?

HipHopOpotomus Sun 16-Oct-11 22:18:02

it's a NZ company so possibly the dreadful exchange rate is having an impact.
I'm travelling to NZ soon and for the first time I will find it expensive out there - all down to the poor pound & strong NZ dollar.

Millie1 Sun 16-Oct-11 22:38:53

Hadn't thought about that HipHop ... very good point!! I used to order online and have clothes delivered to my SIL in Australia and she posted them on! Have a good trip!

CaptainKirksNipples Sun 16-Oct-11 22:48:59

Our local tk maxx has pumpkin patch stuff. Also oilily as I find that good quality too but a bit pricey!

IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Mon 17-Oct-11 04:26:04

PP is going down the gurgler financially precisely because they sell very average clothes at prestige prices.

slalomsuki Mon 17-Oct-11 06:31:35

I never pay full price for anything from them either in store or on line. I think they are quite good quality, wash well and don't loose shape.

Was in on Friday and they had 40% off everything including stuff already reduced. Got a warm winter coat, 2 skirts, dress, 2 tops and 3 boys trousers for £36 so I would say be careful it can be done in there.

Millie1 Mon 17-Oct-11 11:26:04

That was good shopping Slalom. I wonder why some stores had 40% off on Friday and sone didn't - I thought PP usually had deals across the brand rather than individual stores. Oh well, girls like their bits!

smalltownshame Mon 17-Oct-11 11:30:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now