Talk

Advanced search

I STILL can't find a decent pair of zip up biker-style boots in spite of extensive searching...

(9 Posts)
FGM Sun 16-Oct-11 19:09:53

I need an ankle zip and a good fit around the ankle. Slip-on styles tend to fall off my heels. I'd like black leather biker style, chunky- with enough space for wooly socks in winter, round toe style and superb quality, of course! Budget £150.

I've tried...
Clarks- but the fit was really poor and the boots fell off my heels as I walked
John Lewis- they had "lady" boots but not my style and not toddler-wrangling appropriate
Toast- er- no thanks this year
Net-a-porter had some but again no ankle zip and a bit above budget.
Jigsaw- haven't anything in the style I'm after yet
M&S- flimsy, thin and yuk
Debenhams- like M&S
Next- not carrying this style

where next? confused

afishcalledmummy Sun 16-Oct-11 19:17:13

I bought a pair from Oasis last week for £75. They have half zips but fit nicely around the heel and are perfectly chunky!

monkeysmama Sun 16-Oct-11 19:23:36

Do you want a heel or not? I have the Belstaff Chads which don't have a zip but do fit well around the ankle. Have a look at My Wardrobe and the Ash Jess style if you want a zip and don't mind a wearable heel. I have the same style without a zip and wear them every day.

TethHearseEnd Sun 16-Oct-11 19:23:43

No zip but can choose calf width

monkeysmama Sun 16-Oct-11 19:24:02

I can't recall prices but worth keeping an eye on eBay for both.

PeriPathetic Sun 16-Oct-11 20:02:39

I'm on an eternal search for biker boots too. Love the style of the Clarks ones, but hate the daft sole.

Anyway, my search has brought me to this site

Haven't chosen anything yet, but it looks there are options to narrow down your search.

Good luck! smile

malinois Sun 16-Oct-11 20:08:32

Try Hein Gericke. Lots of ladies boots.

SazZaVoom Sun 16-Oct-11 20:12:49

Fly Boots?

SazZaVoom Sun 16-Oct-11 20:14:26

Sorry, the Fly link doesn't go to them exactly - you need to narrow down choices to Ankle Boots & Fly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now