Talk

Advanced search

will i find an off the peg wedding/ ocassion dress at westfield in west London?

(13 Posts)
BramblyHedge Sun 16-Oct-11 09:55:49

I am hopefully getting married in early January in what will be a fairly low key afternoon tea type event...and cheap. i have never been to westfield but wondered if the stores like monsoon, coast. department stores etc sell wedding dresses or dresses that would do as one. anyone know? Looking for something long and v neck probably. i am only 5 ft 2 which doesn't help! and big boobage which also doesn't help. i have three young kids so don't want to waste a trip there for nothing!

on phone so sorry for rubbish punctuation.

tigerbear Sun 16-Oct-11 10:03:34

I wouldn't bother going tbh. The concessions in John Lewis are a bit small so choices will be limited. Don't recall seeing a Monsoon when I was there, but there prob is one. Would it not be easier to buy online instead?

BramblyHedge Sun 16-Oct-11 10:20:59

Yes, i might do it online. I just have images of maxing out the credit card to try a few different ones but if that is what i have to do so be it! I just thought that as i live just west of london that westfield might be a good option but sounds like it probably isn't. Thanks for saving me a wasted trip!

ilovemakkapakka Sun 16-Oct-11 10:31:52

there is a large Monsoon, House of Fraser, Debenhams, Coast plus some of the designer store if you are really maxing out. opens 12 to 6, parking can be a bit steep

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1322267-will-i-find-an-off-the-peg-wedding-ocassion-dress-at-westfield-in-west-London#add_message

TethHearseEnd Sun 16-Oct-11 11:16:33

Are you looking for sleeves or sleeveless? What's your budget?

BramblyHedge Sun 16-Oct-11 11:26:06

I will cover my upper arms up either with sleeves of a shrug of some type as not keen on my upper arms and might be cold. Budget is fairly low, no more than about £200 and preferably less, hence maybe a dress not specifically designed a weddingy dress. We have taken 14 years to get to this and are doing something simple. I was looking at maybe the coast allure maxi in champagne as a possibility but not seen it in the flesh. I can't wear shift dresses or really short dresses and my bust is large and so are my calfs. I think i need something under the bust or in at the waist.

Thanks

TethHearseEnd Sun 16-Oct-11 11:47:16

Don't forget to check dept. stores like BHS and Debenhams- some nice things at decent prices

TethHearseEnd Sun 16-Oct-11 12:42:37

Topshop

Coast

Coast again

Linea

Anoushka G

Anoushka G again

Actually, HoF has some bargains at the mo...

BramblyHedge Sun 16-Oct-11 14:20:35

Some great ideas there. We have a tiny HofF here but might find nearest big one to try a few of those out, especially the anoushka ones.

moragbellingham Sun 16-Oct-11 18:52:58

I wouldn't bother with Westfield either just go to Oxford St.
Sound hideous I know but you have the much larger John Lewis(there is no JL at Westfield), Debenhams, H of F and the Anoushka shop at the bottom of St Molton St very near to all of them. Monsoon & BHS on the same stretch too.

AuntieDoris Sun 16-Oct-11 19:06:10

Monsoon do some really pretty wedding dresses ... see here

koolforcats Sun 16-Oct-11 19:12:51

I got mine from monsoon and loved it! You'd never have known it was off the peg. I remember it being really good as they hold all the styles in all the sizes for the shop floor then when you've chosen they get it out of stock so that it's pristine. I got my wedding shoes there too. Might be worth calling to check that the Westfield branch does dresses as not all of them do. Good luck and congratulations!

BramblyHedge Mon 17-Oct-11 12:16:08

Thanks. Will try oxford street then as probably easier to get to. Monsoon dresses look lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now