Talk

Advanced search

It is properly autumn now. What are your best buys for being stylish and toasty?

(10 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Sun 16-Oct-11 09:28:07

The winter duvet is on, the heating whirred into life last night for the first time and I'm cold.

What are you wearing/ buying to be stylish and toasty?

NB - I need advice as im still in my pjs! blush

madammecholet Sun 16-Oct-11 09:35:29

I've bought some skinny H&M jeans to go into my riding boots, here, a jack murphy tweed jacket here, plus some leopard pumps which I've been looking for for ages! to wear with jeans.. and finally a lovely lady on etsy knitted a cream chunky knit scarf for me, same as Berylware but half the price! here.

I am now done. Although there is always the issue of a winter handbag!! smile

florencepink Sun 16-Oct-11 09:48:18

Love those shoes!! what do you wear with them, socks? Tights? Bare feet? <clueless>

shoeprincess2 Sun 16-Oct-11 10:01:22

Love, love, love that Jack Murphy jacket. I think I might need one!

Pinkflipflop Sun 16-Oct-11 10:06:53

these boots are very cosy and comfortable

madammecholet Sun 16-Oct-11 11:27:16

The leopard flats I'm wearing with bare feet / denim jeans or skinnies florencepink.. I am not a tights person as I only wear dresses for a glam night out with ridiculous heels.... They are lovely shoes, have been looking for ages for calf hair ones which look expensive as many can look cheap and nasty... I'd found some french sole ones but they were £140, these are a cheaper alternative.

shoeprincess2 its really well made for the money - looks and feels like a £300 jacket imo.

greedygoose Sun 16-Oct-11 11:45:00

I haven't clicked the buy button yet but HUSH have some lovely things this season IMHO. Got some basics from H&M (have taken longer than 2 weeks to arrive though hmm) and the ASDA brown boots linked to on here a few weeks ago. My favourite puchase is this one though.....cosy
I am loving those shoes madamme

shoeprincess2 Sun 16-Oct-11 18:44:28

Still lusting after that jacket madammecholet

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 16-Oct-11 18:46:51

Lovely thermals from bella di notte.

Cashmere - a short sleeved bottle green jumper from zara and a bright pink long sleeved one from j crew.

And for warmth the barbour arctic parka.

polyhymnia Sun 16-Oct-11 19:13:13

Ah yes, i'm a Bella di Notte thermals fan too - have accumulated some pretty ones in various colours over the years. Not cheap but do last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now