Talk

Advanced search

I want this bag.....

(16 Posts)
ilovegary Sat 15-Oct-11 21:38:01

milly bag..anyone bought from this company before??

Am in love with it...

Popbiscuit Sat 15-Oct-11 22:16:59

OP; I know there are lots of Peony and Moore fans on this site so maybe try a thread with that in the title? (am in Canada so not very familiar with their bags but they look lovely!).

HandMini Sat 15-Oct-11 22:18:52

It looks a bit too Mulberry-wannabe for my liking.

lovebite Sat 15-Oct-11 22:25:25

It's ok, but tbh for that kinda of price you can get a better bag. I know alot of women on here rave about peony and moore, but nothing special imo, but if you like it then go for it.

ilovegary Sat 15-Oct-11 22:29:56

I've got the Lucia which has been really lovely, good quality soft grainy leather and very good customer service imo... never had cause for complaint, I have posted them on here before..have been considering this bag, so if you order please post back once you get it. smile

TuttoRhino Sun 16-Oct-11 08:37:19

I've got the Milly in black. If I'd know they were coming out with a tan I'd have gone for that.

Anyways, bag is a good size and handy for work & weekend. Leather very good quality. Only niggle is the carry handle is a bit stiff but I expect it to loosen up over time.

And being a Londoner, it would be good if it had a little external pocket or sleeve at the back to keep my oyster card in, rather than opening up the bag to get at it.

P&M customer service is fantastic. Bags also made in Italy which I like.

lovebite Sun 16-Oct-11 10:00:00

I don't think it matters where the bag is made, as long as the leather quality and the workmanship is good, it shouldn't matter where it's made. I have bought loads of gorgeous, well made leather bags that are made from asia and india, and they have lasted a long time. Where do you think big brand names like marc jacobs, chloe, gucci etc etc are made? Not from europe!

alwaysrunninginheels Sun 16-Oct-11 10:02:12

I had seen this and thought it looked lovely so if you buy it please do a thread saying what its like!!!!

hugsandkisses Sun 16-Oct-11 13:04:25

I have bought a p & m bag, and it's a nice quality bag, and service is good. I haven't got the milly bag as I think it's overpriced for what it is imo. I have got the lucia which is nice but the design isn't unusual as it's a copy of the mulberry bag. I do agree with lovebite, I have bought nicer and cheaper bags that are made from the far east, why would it matter if they are made in italy?

mummy2munchkin Sun 16-Oct-11 13:15:05

Actually, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Chloe etc all make their bags in Italy without exception. It is a country well known for its extremely high quality leather goods. Chanel makes theirs in France though, for the obvious reasons.

newyorklover Sun 16-Oct-11 13:45:10

Dont know what all the fuss is about, a bag is a bag, whether it's made in europe china or india. Whats with the snobbery? I have bought bags made from europe, china and India and tbh I really cant tell the difference, the only difference is the price, but each to their own.

TuttoRhino Mon 17-Oct-11 07:04:16

I like the fact that its made in Italy for that fact that the workers will be paid more and the working standards at the factory higher than one in China or India. Not snobbery.

madammecholet Mon 17-Oct-11 10:08:54

tbh I am becoming more concious of where things come from like tuttoRhino, not only with bags, (love P&M) but with food (ie buying local produce etc), and certainly if I can choose something which is made closer to home, I will. I had a great scarf knitted for me on Etsy by a lovely lady in the UK, rather than buying off the high street. It felt better.

newyorklover Mon 17-Oct-11 10:30:16

Im weary about where My things come from to,but I think not buying a handbag because it's made in china or India is abit silly. Aslong as the quality and designs are good thats all that should matter.

DonaAna Mon 17-Oct-11 20:05:02

Italian high quality brand-name stuff is often made by Chinese semi-slaves in hot, windowless lots in the dreary suburbs of Naples (want to know more - read Roberto Saviano's Gomorra). If what you are buying is real Italian hand-crafted craftmanship, the price is to match. I walk past a non-sweatshop men's tailor shop on my school run every day here in Rome - one basic men's shirt there starts from 250 euros - whereas many other made-to-measure shops here sell the same item for 50-70 euros. So, take everything with a grain of salt.

I've also toured some factory outlet shops in Southern Brazil and Argentina that make "Made in Italy" accessories for big-name Italian designers. Lovely, hand-stitched grainy leather of course.

darby Mon 17-Oct-11 21:16:21

Yes I feel sorry for these chinese and Indian people that have to slave over making the handbags and all they get paid is peanuts. I would never buy a designer handbag for that reason. I'd rather buy a handbag made in china or another poor country, at least I know My money has gone to a good cause.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now