Talk

Advanced search

Sports bra help

(11 Posts)
brighthair Sat 15-Oct-11 19:11:07

I need a new one. I am currently wearing a Royce as it is the ONLY one available in my size. Did a bit of searching and have come up with 2 options - I am a 32J so could drop to a 34HH.
Shock Absorber or Elomi Energise
Does anybody wear them and what is the fit like? I usually wear Panache bras

hatcam Sat 15-Oct-11 19:34:45

I have a shock absorber, the RUN sports bra, it's pretty good and nothing moves! Fits true to size but very awkward to get out of if you're hot and sweaty as it goes over your head then fastens at the bsck like a normal bra. Less bounce.co.uk is a good starting point, they're v helpful.

ameliameerkat Sat 15-Oct-11 21:45:06

I have an M&S one which isn't bad, but I'm only a 34DD so that probably doesn't really help you!

scotsgirl23 Sat 15-Oct-11 22:02:20

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/max-sports-bra-top/navy/be53nv/?criteria=shock&show=16&sort=1

This is the best sports bra I've come across and I'm pretty close in size to you. I find it is very snug in the back so I tend to have to go up a size in the back and down one in the cup compared to something like a normal Freya or Bravissimo brand. So you'd prob get away with the 34hh. They are stocked all over the place, this was just the first link (lazy emoticon)

afishcalledmummy Sat 15-Oct-11 22:05:13

I wear the Freya Active soft cup sports bras, which go up to a HH, and think they're super! I'm a G and am supported really well in one. I also use an Enell when I run - that might be an option for you as it is designed for bigger busted women. It's one of the squash em down type bras and nothing moves at all.

brighthair Sat 15-Oct-11 22:24:52

I did wonder about the Freya but I never wear normal Freya bras as they don't fit right
I think the shock absorber might be the one. Where else sells them in store so I could try one?

scotsgirl23 Sat 15-Oct-11 23:59:34

Debenhams stock the one I use, I'm pretty sure John Lewis do as well.

SofaKingOld Sun 16-Oct-11 06:33:57

Another vote here for the Enell. Very different from other sports bras and does up at the front so easy to get in and out of.

I'm now able to run for the first time in my life without looking like there are two puppies trying to get out of my t-shirt.

madammecholet Sun 16-Oct-11 08:58:00

I've got a shock absorber level 4, very comfy & nothing moves under that monster!

lljkk Sun 16-Oct-11 08:59:08

Are you looking on Boobydoo? They have very extensive reviews & selection.

lljkk Sun 16-Oct-11 09:00:04

Oh, and Boobydoo does (or did) provide postage-paid returns, so you can order a load from Boobydoo, try them all on, and send back any that aren't right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now