Talk

Advanced search

I just had my eyebrows threaded!

(23 Posts)
ZombiesAteYourCervix Sat 15-Oct-11 17:01:47

Amazing! Bloody marvelous! A revelation!

How did I get this this ripe age (with bushy brows) without ever discovering this beofre!

I am in love with my new brows.

PrimaBallerina Sat 15-Oct-11 18:12:18

grin

I need mine doing again. It is amazing how much it does for you. My mum discovered it at 66!

flybynight Sat 15-Oct-11 18:52:06

So what it the difference in result between threading them and waxing them? I have often wondered about this.

Jessicaalbastwin Sat 15-Oct-11 19:01:18

I have my threading done every week by my sis and I love it. Imo threading leaves a better finish, your face looks clean and fresh, the thread pulls out all the fine hairs, whearas waxing left me with little red spots and sore skin.

Littlepumpkinpie Sat 15-Oct-11 20:13:10

Mine need threading again trip into town on monday anyway so will get them done again. Its so quick to have them done this way. Used to have them waxed but they look so much neater threaded.

AhsokaTano Sat 15-Oct-11 20:23:23

I always get mine done for a fiver in the shopping centre and it's fab.

Threading seems to give a lovely sharp defined look and lasts well. I am so over waxing!smile

neuroticmumof3 Sat 15-Oct-11 20:38:17

I need to get mine done again. I think it's wonderful, much better than waxing.

Pippaandpolly Sat 15-Oct-11 20:42:58

I had mine done once in a department store and I haven't been back since as I was so mortified by the sobbing and wailing and (almost) screaming. It was a-g-o-n-y. I don't understand how people manage it. confused

SlinkingOutsideInSocks Sun 16-Oct-11 08:40:45

Massive anti-climax for me, I don't rate it, as I don't see any noticeable difference.

I have someone who waxes them, and she does a much better job than any time I've had them threaded.

ggirl Sun 16-Oct-11 08:47:18

I have been tempted but it's the doing it in front of all and sundry that puts me off

NormaSatansFelcher Sun 16-Oct-11 08:50:14

I had mine threaded once. Crappy straight across shape she gave me put me right off

MrsCog Sun 16-Oct-11 08:56:50

So plucking eyebrows is out then? I'm suddenly feeling very old fashioned for the mere age of 27!

midoriway Sun 16-Oct-11 09:08:00

I converted to threading a long time ago, and am in constant hunt for the perfect threader.

My biggest tip is that cost does in no way indicate the quality of the job.

I stopped going to the £10 department store brow bar places last year. The constant turnover of staff meant you could never go back to the same place and be assured that the same lady who did a brilliant job the time before would still be there.

Living in Birmingham means the suburbs are awash with cheap middle eastern/asian beauty salons, and last week I found threading nirvana- £3.50 for a perfect threading, in a little salon, with a cup of mint tea and a gaggle of giggling ladies who had settled in for a girly afternoon, every one of them giving their opinions on men and threading. Girly bliss.

Madinitials Sun 16-Oct-11 10:15:20

Midori, like you, my favourite threading salon is an Asian place full of ladies, £3 a go, full of chatter & laughter, and someone is always happy to hold your baby.

LongGoneBeforeDaylight Sun 16-Oct-11 10:15:51

Ooh I'm in Birmingham - where is that place? grin

Pagwatch Sun 16-Oct-11 10:29:43

Threading is fab. I wish I had found it years ago.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 16-Oct-11 10:46:45

It makes my nose and eyes run. I sit there in the middle of debenhams streaked in snot and tears. But my eyebrows look fab.

twinklytroll Sun 16-Oct-11 11:11:30

The worst bit is when they say loudly in front of the perfectly groomed women on the Chanel counter and the assembled customers who are all gawping " would madam like the hairs on her chin removing?"

midoriway Sun 16-Oct-11 18:36:50

Long Gone a tiny place on York Rd, Kings Heath.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 16-Oct-11 18:38:32

Ooooh yes, I got asked if I wanted my top lip doing once. hmm

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 16-Oct-11 18:44:37

Blink bar in Harvey Nichols in Harvey Nichols is very good indeed and more often than not I see the same lady as I tend to go on a Sunday.

I don't find it hurts at all really - but then I went for a brazilian straight afterwards. That was not performed in the middle of the dept store though you'll be glad to know wink

CaptainMartinCrieff Sun 16-Oct-11 18:49:26

I find that with threading the hairs grow back faster (or at least appear to) and the hairs often snap rather than get pulled out leaving little black hair dots. I prefer waxing.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 16-Oct-11 18:51:52

For me the main difference is the shape that you get with a good threader - today for example - the lady spent a while looking at my eyebrows and face before she even began and just gave me such a lovely shape. She also trimmed with scissors which gives a better finish too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now