Talk

Advanced search

what do you think to the shop, karen millen?and what about these shoes?

(20 Posts)
carriedababi Sat 15-Oct-11 17:00:36

here

Megatron Sat 15-Oct-11 17:03:36

I want them. smile

wonkylegs Sat 15-Oct-11 17:25:37

I love a lot of stuff in KM (sorry not a fan of leopard print tho) but sometimes for how much it costs some of the clothes aren't that well put together angry
The sizing leans towards small but only a little bit and the ones in the shops round here are all horribly rude
However that hasn't stopped me buying stuff from them grin

wonkylegs Sat 15-Oct-11 17:26:21

Sorry missed out ' the shop assistants' are all terribly rude

Collision Sat 15-Oct-11 17:28:14

karen millen is for skinnies and liz Macdonald would love those shoes.

I do not.

Bellavita Sat 15-Oct-11 17:28:54

I love Karen Millen stuff.

I have a pair of fab snakeskin peep toe shoes from KM.

Those shoes are very nice.

noddyholder Sat 15-Oct-11 17:29:04

It is a more expensive Jane Norman

OtterBjitch Sat 15-Oct-11 17:31:30

I find a lot of their stuff a bit 'over-designed', including those shoes. Their sizes are weird. I'm a size 12, but need a 10 in their trousers and a 14 in their dresses. confused

The sales staff in the stand-alone shop are really pushy, but in House of Fraser they are lovely and extremely helpful.

celticlassie Sat 15-Oct-11 17:33:00

That's funny, Noddy - I came on to say EXACTLY the same thing! I used to love it, but now feel it's overpriced and a bit outdated.

celticlassie Sat 15-Oct-11 17:34:36

Re the shoes (which I love, incidentally), I had a pair of boots from KM a couple of years ago and the soles had holes in them within months. They seemed to be made of thick cardboard. hmm

carriedababi Sat 15-Oct-11 17:47:18

i had a nice top from km years ago, about 10 years ago, its way too small for me now, but i wore it alot.

i also have a nce burnt orange dress from there, but itsnot good if your having a feeling fat day

forrestgump Sat 15-Oct-11 17:57:57

the few things i have had, to me after one wear need a needle and thread to sew bits back on.

My problem is i see something i like but dont need, umm and arr over buying it, then dont go back for a month, in the meantime I see it about 10 times.

Don't like the shop and don't like the shoes, sorry.

pink4ever Sat 15-Oct-11 18:08:19

I agree karen millen stuff is cut very strangely. I simply cannot fit into any of their stuff and I am not huge imo-16 on top and 14 on bottom?.

PrimaBallerina Sat 15-Oct-11 18:09:39

I can't open the link to comment on the shoes, sorry.

I have a couple of big KM handbags, which I love but none of their clothes or shoes.

I agree with the poster who described it as over designed. It's all a bit 'wedding guest' iykwim.

They do a bloody great leather bag though.

Pinkflipflop Sat 15-Oct-11 18:12:16

Love their bags but hate the way I used to be a size 8 there and now need a 12 - despite the fact that the things I bought a few years back in a size 8 still fit hmm

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Oct-11 19:44:04

I sent customer services an email about the staff being snotty, they may work there, but we can actually afford to shop there so they should lose the attitude. And the 3inches of slap.

I like the shoes.

I buy all my clothes from there and have done since 1998. Only lost one button and no split seams etc. The start of each season is always a bit dodgy then they get better in time for the sales.

RattusRattus Sat 15-Oct-11 20:24:48

Those shoes scream Kat Slater. Trashy. Yuk. Sorry.

Emo76 Sat 15-Oct-11 20:47:40

Not keen on the shoes but I think the shop has some merits if you look carefully - but that's my personal taste! I don't like the overbranded stuff they do and think it's got very expensive for what it is.

madmomma Sat 15-Oct-11 20:49:27

Love the shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now