Talk

Advanced search

The White Company - what do you think

(12 Posts)
way2serious Sat 15-Oct-11 13:41:12

I have just 'discovered' The White Company and wondered what your thoughts were about sizing, quality, longevity?? Also do you have any recommended buys?

madammecholet Sat 15-Oct-11 13:54:06

Good stuff, good quality but a little overpriced. Kids night stuff v good. They have good sales...

Yes to the sales. I've got two dresses and two tops from there and the quality is v good. The sizing is pretty big. The jersey dresses are excellent.

Even at full price, I think the jersey dresses work out at decent value because they wash and wear so well.

carciofi Sat 15-Oct-11 15:06:27

I haven't found the knitwear to be great (it bobbles and looks shabby quite quickly) but I like the jersey tops and dresses, and all the kids stuff is good quality. There is always a discount code and good sales as Remus and MmeCholet say.

smartyparts Sat 15-Oct-11 15:07:21

I like, quality v good. Agree re huge sizing. Maybe I like their dresses as I am a 10 there!

way2serious Sat 15-Oct-11 15:33:14

What size are you else where smartypants? I am a 10 / 12 and was wondering what size to order?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 15-Oct-11 15:36:45

Lovely quality. I don't think it's overpriced tbh, normally bjuy with a discount code though or in the sale.

I've just bought couple of their jersey dresses and they feel very nice, hang really well and look good IMO, very flattering cuts.

Their knitwear lasts really well and I've got some jersey roll top trousers which are 3 years old and still going strong.

smartyparts Sat 15-Oct-11 15:41:14

I'm a 12 pretty much everywhere way2serious, apart from White Co and French Connection where 10s fit me with room to spare.

piprabbit Sat 15-Oct-11 15:46:34

Children's nightwear is brilliant.

Bedlinen is OK - but a bit expensive.

Candles are yummy.

Ladieswear looks like the original 'sackcloth and ashes' collection - very depressing.

Service can be a bit meh, online deliveries can be slow.

higgle Sat 15-Oct-11 18:11:49

I am just about to throw out a White Company duvet cover we have had for 16 years! Superlative quality. There is a White Company outlet shop in the Gloucester Docks - I got a really nice jersey dress there for £9 marked as "returned because creased" Many bargains to be had.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 15-Oct-11 18:15:10

I really like the dresses for work as they are a decent length and don't reveal too much flesh - I don't mind paying full price. they do look a bit blah on the hanger but they are cut really well IMO. And I'm another fan of the vanity sizing in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now