Talk

Advanced search

Please help with a dress for my dh's 30th birthday.

(19 Posts)
MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 13:28:05

Hello
Can any of you style and beauty ladies help me.
Dh is having a 30th birthday party in December. I want to wear a dress which I dont normally do.
I am a size 12 in jeans and t shirts but always seem to be a size 14 in dresses. I am 25 with dark hair but may be dyeing it blonde before december.
Is this ok here
I dont want to go over the top. It is a christmas themed party night and we are incorporating dh's birthday as that is the 23rd. <MIL's idea>
Please help me, I dont have a high budget and cant pick anything up till November so no early ending sales please smile

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 13:40:14

Or perhaps this ?

pink4ever Sat 15-Oct-11 13:58:13

I prefer the first one but both could be dressed up nicely with accessories.

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 14:07:33

Thanks pink4ever I do like the price better for that one too grin
Also prefer the neckline.

kumquatsareaposhfruit Sat 15-Oct-11 17:10:50

I prefer the first. They are quite 'classic'. If you are under 30, don't you want something a little more trendy?

celticlassie Sat 15-Oct-11 17:29:38

I quite like the first one too.

I also love this and this.

kumquatsarethelonelyfruit Sat 15-Oct-11 17:57:29

That red one is lovely. For a younger woman, the red one is a lot nicer and more elegant looking.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 15-Oct-11 18:12:26

I agree with kumquat - think they're too old for a 25 year old.

wideawakenurse Sat 15-Oct-11 18:26:53

They are great link celtic.

Agree that they are too old for a 25 year old.

See that you are drawn to blue. Would you consider this?

Clure Sat 15-Oct-11 18:40:25

agree that the red oasis one and the blue warehouse dresses are really lovely-just perfect for your age.
purple
red

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 19:04:35

I really like the purple one that Clure has linked to as I like how it flows at the bottom but I am not very keen on a high neckline.
I also like the first red one celticlassie linked to but same with the neckline.
Would accessories help with making the neckline seem softer like a necklace?
Any help with accessories would be great too please smile
I agree that my dresses are probably a bit old for me, I am really bad at choosing dresses smile

sweetheart Sat 15-Oct-11 19:25:19

Have you looked at the Lipsy website? They do georgeous party dresses for 25 year old's.

AngryFeet Sat 15-Oct-11 19:31:03

Oh my god the red one is gorgeous! Please wear it. The neckline needs to be high I think because the skirt is quite short. I wouldn't wear a necklace with it unless it was a very fine gold chain with a small pendant or something. Shoes should be red or some kind of strappy sandal in silver I think.

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 19:40:37

AngryFeet would silver sandals work best? I would be concerned about finding the right shade of red. smile I wont wear a necklace then, I am not good at this grin
Sweetheart I will check out the lipsy website smile

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 19:49:14

What about this one?
I still think I prefer the other red one though! smile

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 15-Oct-11 20:42:22

The red dress Clure linked to is lovely - I'd wear leopard print heels with it.

Also like your lipsy one which is more clubby and I'd wear black patent heels with a slight platform with that one

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 21:06:32

I love Black patent heels! I have just shown dh and his favourite is the Lipsy one.
I am going to have a think about it and possibly order the two red ones and wear one for dh's birthday and the other for our wedding anniversary in January.
Thanks for all the suggestions wrt the dresses smile

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 15-Oct-11 21:13:49

If I was 25 I'd go for the lipsy one too smile

M&S have got some fab black patent platforms for £19.50 in their ltd collection.

MonsterBookOfHorrors Sat 15-Oct-11 21:22:48

Ok Campbell I will go and google them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now