Talk

Advanced search

Merrell Wakefield Insulated

(20 Posts)
fragola Sat 15-Oct-11 12:28:51

I’ve just received my merrell wakefield insulated today and it’s really nice, but... at the top of the darts at the front of the coat, the material sort of indents in a square. It’s really noticeable, particularly on one side and it looks like the coat has square nipples!!

Does anyone who has one tell me if this is normal, or have I got a dodgy nipple coat?!

Thanks!

QuinnFabray Sat 15-Oct-11 12:46:41

I just got one today too, I'll have a quick look . . .

QuinnFabray Sat 15-Oct-11 12:48:02

Nope, no square nipples on mine. What size have you got?

fragola Sat 15-Oct-11 13:09:47

Thanks Quinn, I've got a small.

QuinnFabray Sat 15-Oct-11 16:52:44

Yeah, me too. I'll try it on a bit later and have another look, but think mine is okay.

cakeoholic Sat 15-Oct-11 18:34:21

Ooooh, can you tell me how warm it is? I have been looking at it as I love my merrell boots and bought the wakefield but it was too thin for me, more of a rain jacket when I wanted something waterproof and warm. And without square nipples of course grin

fragola Sat 15-Oct-11 19:24:54

It feels nice and warm without being really bulky. I'd probably want a jumper underneath if it was really cold though.

Without the square nipples it would be perfect!

peggotty Sat 15-Oct-11 19:31:27

grin I have a square-nippled wakefield as well. Used to be paranoid and attempt to hide them with an artfully arranged scarf, but I can't be bothered now and my square nipples are out and proud!

gilmoregirl Sat 15-Oct-11 19:39:48

What is the sizing like of the padded version? I have the non padded version and the Medium seems v small sized. I am a size 12 and it is really too small for me - esp across the bum. I was hoping it would stretch but several weeks in apparently not sad guess I just need to try and decrease the size of my bum!

fragola Sun 16-Oct-11 17:09:38

I like your square nipple pride peggotty. I wouldn't mind as much if the nipples on mine were the same, but they don't even match!

Gilmore girl, I'm a size 10 and the small size fits me about right, being just a little snug on the bum. Although at the moment I'm breast feeding and have huge norks, so when I stop, it might be a bit big up top. I think that maybe the cut favours smaller bums.

fragola Sun 16-Oct-11 20:22:33

If anyone would care to view the nipples, I've put a photo on my profile here grin

MrsBaggins Sun 16-Oct-11 20:25:16

OK have replied on your other thread as well.
TBH your coat looks way too tight - mine doesnt look anything like that.

carrielou2007 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:41:28

shock at the square nipples!! I have a wakefield in plum in large (too big) ava (insulated) in chocolate bit big but fab in last year's snow and wakefield in black in small and fits perfectly. Orig bought the plum from the famous coat thread last year when still bf ds 5 times a day, now only twice a day and baby weight gone gone gone. I do think that coat looks a lot bit too tight for you blush sorry

carrielou2007 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:43:30

oops forgot to say I am a 10 in places like m and s/next and a baggy 12 everywhere else yet still rather large bottom. Being 5 foot 8 am loving the lovely long sleeves!!

fragola Sun 16-Oct-11 21:13:12

Yes it is a snug fit at the moment, still have a few pounds of baby weight to go, but it should be gone by winter! It was more snug up top tonight though as ds2 has a cold and hasn't wanted feed all day blush

FaffTastic Sun 16-Oct-11 21:24:23

Sorry, but after looking at the profile pic I think the square nipples are really obvious and really ruin the look of the coat. I couldn't wear it like that. Maybe you got a dud one?

QuinnFabray Sun 16-Oct-11 21:46:09

Mine definately doesn't have square nipples like that. Mine's not so snug either, but I have sad old empty tits now smile

gilmoregirl Wed 19-Oct-11 11:28:12

I just had a closer look at myself in the mirror in my (unpadded) wakefield.

I too have the square nipples look. My coat is also on the snug side so maybe that is the issue?

Gingefringe Thu 20-Oct-11 14:04:32

Does anyone have this jacket in the 'charcoal heather'. I'm assuming this is grey but on some websites it looks brownish. What colour is yours Fragola?

SarahLundsredJumper Thu 20-Oct-11 14:11:03

Mine is charcoal -but looks the same as the one I googled as charcoal heather.
Its a soft grey .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now