Talk

Advanced search

Why do I always end up with eyeliner all over my face?

(18 Posts)
spatchcock Sat 15-Oct-11 11:44:31

I love eyeliner, especially black and brown. But whichever brand I use ends up smeared under my eyes.

I don't plaster it on, it's always really understated. I have combination skin but it's not especially oily round my eyes. I use Bodyshop aloe moisturiser on my face.

Any ideas? I'm sick of looking like an audition for the Rocky Horror Show!

Iggly Sat 15-Oct-11 11:45:53

Do you put any base on before eyeliner? I use mineral powder foundation and sweep some over my eyes. Stops any running (also have combo skin)

southeastastra Sat 15-Oct-11 11:47:39

have you tried mac eyeliners?

CoteDAzur Sat 15-Oct-11 11:48:41

Maybe because you use eyeliner under your eyes? You really don't need it there.

southeastastra Sat 15-Oct-11 11:54:46

why don't you need it there? i use it under eyes confused

Trills Sat 15-Oct-11 12:25:59

You don't need it anywhere, but some of us like to put eyeliner under our eyes.

Trills Sat 15-Oct-11 12:26:43

Do you touch your face unconsciously? I know I do. I find Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner stays put better than any pencils.

ZacharyQuack Sat 15-Oct-11 12:32:45

Have you tried using a dark eyeshadow with an eyeliner brush?

TheGoldRoad Sat 15-Oct-11 12:45:05

I've recently got into gel eyeliners, i think they are brilliant. I've got a Maybelline one in a tiny pot with a fine brush, really not difficult as you might think and a stick one from Avon. The Avon one in particular lasts all day and does not move.

betheldeath Sat 15-Oct-11 14:05:51

I don't put eyeliner under my eyes but it ends up everywhere because I have long lashes (smug)

It's actually really annoying as I can use gel, liquid, waterproof mascara- whatever and it still ends up giving me panda face.

valiumredhead Sat 15-Oct-11 17:52:04

Estee Lauder doublewear, Clinique long lasting or Rimmel Exaggerate depending on your budget.

whojimmyflip Sat 15-Oct-11 18:46:24

If you use a small angled brush and a dark matte eye shadow over the top of the eyeliner it should hardly move at all. Like using a setting powder over foundation - same principle

And gel eyeliners are much less likely to smudge.

MooMinCow Sat 15-Oct-11 18:50:28

Are you applying on the waterline (inner rim) or on lash line? I know kohl can travel downwards if applied inside the eye IYKWIM

40notTrendy Sat 15-Oct-11 20:22:35

Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. Stays put, great colours, easy to apply.

CMOTdibbler Sat 15-Oct-11 21:30:59

MAC eyeliner on the top, dark MAC eyeshadow underneath. Doesn't budge

spatchcock Sun 16-Oct-11 12:03:15

No, I don't put it on under my eyes, just on the lash line of the top lid. But it still seems to travel south. I try not to touch my eyes but maybe I'm an unconscious face-toucher.

Right, so it looks like I need a base coat, and possibly a gel eyeliner. Have never used an eyeliner brush, either. Didn't know such things existed! Will get to googling.

Thanks all.

ggirl Sun 16-Oct-11 12:20:06

I have just recently discovered the solution to this problem for me.
Happened no matter what liner I used, BBgel, ELdoublewear pencils , and always only on upper lid.
I have started using mineral makeup and low and behold my eyeliner stays put!!!
I think it's because I am not adding liquid foundation or using under eye concealor which adds to the problem.
Have a go at using eyeliner (revlon colourstay pencil is fab btw) without any other makeup whatsoever and see if it stays put.

neverright Sun 16-Oct-11 16:52:58

Mine used to until I swithched to Urban Decay eye liner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now