Talk

Advanced search

Jeans that my arese doesn't fall out of?

(12 Posts)
ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 09:42:52

I don't know if this is even possible, but I figured you ladies would know grin

Is it possible to have a pair of jeans that are flattering and fit nicely when you are standing, AND, that when you squat down to deal with recalcitrant toddler you don't reveal a crack worthy of a builder?

Oh, and I find stretch jeans are unflattering as they let my saddlebags swing free.

Oh, and I don't do high waisted trousers.

So, is it possible? Recommend away... (although I have a horrible feeling you will all say that it is not possible sad )

bishboschone Sat 15-Oct-11 10:10:31

I bought some great jeans in tk maxx the other day. They are Lee bootcut and do actually stay up. I have this problem too and have spent so much over the years on jeans that give and fall down. I know you should buy the. Tight ones in the shop as they give but I've been caught out there too and those ones never give!!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 11:40:46

hmm, maybe I should go and have a root around in tkmaxx this weekend :-)

Sidge Sat 15-Oct-11 12:06:56

Well you need some degree of high-waistedness to avoid builders bum when squatting or bending.

Hipsters or low riders are, IMO, best for people with no waist or hips and a flat bum. If you're like me and a pear/vase shape then I need something that does up on the level with my belly button.

I've had 2 new pairs of jeans lately that I'm really pleased with - a pair of Gap Curvy (bought on Ebay) and a pair of Asda's 14 quid straight jeans that are actually really nice; flattering and comfy and no builders bum risk.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 12:15:33

I was worried that might be the case. I definitely have hips and bum, but I find high waists so uncomfy :-(

Paribus Sat 15-Oct-11 16:35:50

Levi curve- despite being high rise- ish, very, very comfortable and flattering! Deffo worth trying on!

scarevola Sat 15-Oct-11 16:46:58

You just have to steel yourself and admit it - you need one size larger and at least two inches higher. Then most brands will provide enough coverage.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 16:50:19

scarevola [sob] i'm not 17 and skinny any more am I :-( [steels self to go buy age appropriate jeans]

SleepyFergus Sat 15-Oct-11 19:36:53

Try Asda great bum jeans. £18. They have a higher than average waist but are defo not high-waisted. Very comfy, dark stretch jeans that are flattering. I ordered mine online and they were delivered v quick. There's a sep thread about them if they sound of interest.

ujjayi Sat 15-Oct-11 19:39:22

Citizens of Humanity Ava jeans are what you need. They are usually quite expensive but I got mine in TK Maxx for £60. More than I would usually pay for jeans but they are worth the money - the denim is just a world away from Gap, Top Shop etc. They really keep their shape between washes too and I would be prepared to pay full price for a replacement when the time comes.

They are cut so that they are low-ish on the front (without causing any muffin toppage) but slightly higher at the back so that your arse does not showeth every time you bend over/sit/lunge at toddlers. Very flattering.

prettypurpledaisy Sat 15-Oct-11 19:43:27

Next have a new range of jeans called lift and shape and they stay up really well and are not too expensive £42.
http://www.next.co.uk/g4738s4

Sorry can't do links sad I have them in black and dark denim. Very comfortable.

mrsmoscow Sat 15-Oct-11 19:48:51

I just got some oasis cherry jeans and they are very flattering around the tummy and are cut quite high. The only thing they are quite long- and I'm 5' 7.

If I'm at home with kids I always wear a belt as I always seem to have half my bum out when I bend down otherwise !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now