Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Jeans that my arese doesn't fall out of?

(12 Posts)
ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 09:42:52

I don't know if this is even possible, but I figured you ladies would know grin

Is it possible to have a pair of jeans that are flattering and fit nicely when you are standing, AND, that when you squat down to deal with recalcitrant toddler you don't reveal a crack worthy of a builder?

Oh, and I find stretch jeans are unflattering as they let my saddlebags swing free.

Oh, and I don't do high waisted trousers.

So, is it possible? Recommend away... (although I have a horrible feeling you will all say that it is not possible sad )

bishboschone Sat 15-Oct-11 10:10:31

I bought some great jeans in tk maxx the other day. They are Lee bootcut and do actually stay up. I have this problem too and have spent so much over the years on jeans that give and fall down. I know you should buy the. Tight ones in the shop as they give but I've been caught out there too and those ones never give!!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 11:40:46

hmm, maybe I should go and have a root around in tkmaxx this weekend :-)

Sidge Sat 15-Oct-11 12:06:56

Well you need some degree of high-waistedness to avoid builders bum when squatting or bending.

Hipsters or low riders are, IMO, best for people with no waist or hips and a flat bum. If you're like me and a pear/vase shape then I need something that does up on the level with my belly button.

I've had 2 new pairs of jeans lately that I'm really pleased with - a pair of Gap Curvy (bought on Ebay) and a pair of Asda's 14 quid straight jeans that are actually really nice; flattering and comfy and no builders bum risk.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 12:15:33

I was worried that might be the case. I definitely have hips and bum, but I find high waists so uncomfy :-(

Paribus Sat 15-Oct-11 16:35:50

Levi curve- despite being high rise- ish, very, very comfortable and flattering! Deffo worth trying on!

scarevola Sat 15-Oct-11 16:46:58

You just have to steel yourself and admit it - you need one size larger and at least two inches higher. Then most brands will provide enough coverage.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 15-Oct-11 16:50:19

scarevola [sob] i'm not 17 and skinny any more am I :-( [steels self to go buy age appropriate jeans]

SleepyFergus Sat 15-Oct-11 19:36:53

Try Asda great bum jeans. £18. They have a higher than average waist but are defo not high-waisted. Very comfy, dark stretch jeans that are flattering. I ordered mine online and they were delivered v quick. There's a sep thread about them if they sound of interest.

ujjayi Sat 15-Oct-11 19:39:22

Citizens of Humanity Ava jeans are what you need. They are usually quite expensive but I got mine in TK Maxx for £60. More than I would usually pay for jeans but they are worth the money - the denim is just a world away from Gap, Top Shop etc. They really keep their shape between washes too and I would be prepared to pay full price for a replacement when the time comes.

They are cut so that they are low-ish on the front (without causing any muffin toppage) but slightly higher at the back so that your arse does not showeth every time you bend over/sit/lunge at toddlers. Very flattering.

prettypurpledaisy Sat 15-Oct-11 19:43:27

Next have a new range of jeans called lift and shape and they stay up really well and are not too expensive £42.
http://www.next.co.uk/g4738s4

Sorry can't do links sad I have them in black and dark denim. Very comfortable.

mrsmoscow Sat 15-Oct-11 19:48:51

I just got some oasis cherry jeans and they are very flattering around the tummy and are cut quite high. The only thing they are quite long- and I'm 5' 7.

If I'm at home with kids I always wear a belt as I always seem to have half my bum out when I bend down otherwise !!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: