Talk

Advanced search

What would you wear for lunch at a top notch london restaurant

(12 Posts)
sweetheart Fri 14-Oct-11 22:57:43

It's sort of business but not with clients so I don't need to be uber smart. I want to look classic and classy. I'm about 5ft 5 and a size 10 but I'm a pear shape so big bottom!

ujjayi Fri 14-Oct-11 23:03:35

Are we allowed to know which restaurant? Could make a difference.

Angel786 Fri 14-Oct-11 23:50:05

Depends on the restaurant, some top notch are trendy a la sketch, some are q relaxed and informal like oxo tower, others are more classic like claridges.

madammecholet Sat 15-Oct-11 13:57:43

Dark blue jeans and a blazer and nice silk scarf....

sweetheart Sat 15-Oct-11 19:17:52

I haven't booked the restaurant yet but it till be a michelin one - I want to go for classy, not trendy. And Jeans are out. Needs to be a dress really.

Phwooooar Sat 15-Oct-11 19:19:50

Silk jersey wrap dress like those they do in L K Bennett - they are universally flattering I think and some nice boots or shoes if you prefer...

If it's a very good resturant then I recommend something with an elasticated waist with a jacket.

sweetheart Sat 15-Oct-11 19:36:02

grin we did go for the tasting menu at Alain Ducasse last time, I think that was 9 courses and I was stuffed rotten!!!!!!

coffeeinbed Sat 15-Oct-11 19:41:16

Think top up.
Bottom half will be hidden anyway.
Sort of.
Boobs, necklace, that sort of thing.

Angel786 Sun 16-Oct-11 11:54:01

Wrap dress / as coffee said. My only advice would be don't overdo it. Go for the although ive tried q hard it looks effortless rather than full on matching shoes bag type approach. E.g. Skinny trousers with a longer baby doll/ longer style top, loose/ not over styled hair and a smarter jacket?

Fatshionista Sun 16-Oct-11 11:56:05

Wrap dress or a pencil dress with heels, a nice bag and a good coat.

moragbellingham Sun 16-Oct-11 21:32:25

I'm not the only one who finds a good coat essential then - for prob different reasons!
I always think that if it is being taken fom you then that someone will always be checking it outwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now