Talk

Advanced search

stretchmark cream needed!

(6 Posts)
iluvchips Fri 14-Oct-11 22:49:48

I was incredibly lucky after DC1 and had no marks at all. However, the same has not happened since having DC2 this year- tummy is now covered in ugly purple stretchmarks and feels like a blancmange wrapped in crepe paper. Can anyone recommend a decent cream?

thisisyesterday Fri 14-Oct-11 22:53:11

if you already have the stretchmarks i think it's too late for the cream, sorry.
bio oil may help fade them quicker tho

ujjayi Fri 14-Oct-11 22:55:46

On the cheap side of things, Palmers Cocoa Butter does an excellent job. The marks will eventually fade to silver naturally, anyway. However, the cocoa butter smoothes them and evens the skin tone. If you have a little more dosh to splash, I can thoroughly recommend Mama Mio's range of products. Check out their website for the ones best suited to you. I have used both their face and body products and always been pleased with the results.

PrimaBallerina Fri 14-Oct-11 22:56:02

I have them too. I rub bio oil in every day, no idea if it's working but they've faded considerably in 6 months. Try not to worry.

StranglyGiraffe Fri 14-Oct-11 22:58:13

Another vote here for Bio Oil. I'm plastered in them, and although they haven't disappeared, they're much better than they were!

iluvchips Sat 15-Oct-11 19:20:47

Thank you! Will get some bio oil and give it a whirl!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now