Talk

Advanced search

how do you stay warm and stylish?

(14 Posts)
sweetheart Fri 14-Oct-11 22:37:10

I really struggle with this in winter - I get sooooo cold! I can't even wear 3/4 length sleeves to work especially (my office is freezing!!!!)

PrimaBallerina Fri 14-Oct-11 23:06:23

Longline slim fitting cardigans!

magso Fri 14-Oct-11 23:35:41

Unique heat tech t shirts under everything!

magso Fri 14-Oct-11 23:37:59

Uniqlo

Long sleeved clothes and cashmere, and thermal undies.

And sheepskin lined boots.

Yes those heattech tops are brilliant.

ujjayi Fri 14-Oct-11 23:58:43

Layering - but lots of lovely lightweight layers. You are not channeling Michelin Man chic. Merino thermals or long sleeve tees/fine knits look great layered under dresses or short sleeve tops. I don't always want to wear a cardi and this is the best way to show off a great winter dress.

sweetheart Sat 15-Oct-11 19:21:04

Where do you buy these heat tech tshirts?

accessorizequeen Sat 15-Oct-11 22:09:59

Uniqlo

magso Sun 16-Oct-11 10:01:06

M&S do heat generating tops in their underwear section too. Not as stretchy as the uniqlo ones but different colours.

M&S Autograph merino or cashmere mix tights. M&S long sleeved thermal t-shirts to layer under silk or jersey dresses. Legwarmers worn over tights and under knee high boots. Cashmere wristwarmers.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 16-Oct-11 18:36:43

magso - I saw the M&S heat generating tops today - have you tried them? Any good? I've got a couple of Uniqlo ones, which are def very fine-guage and warmer than you'd think for that.

I bought some M&S heat-generating socks, am hoping my feet wiil be nice and toasty!

magso Mon 17-Oct-11 10:11:53

Hazel I had one of last years M&S tops and warmth wise it was similar to the uniqlo ones I think. Style wise the neck was higher, the fabric possibly slightly thicker more matt and less stretchy, and the sizes came out smaller. I preferred the M&S leggings but the uniqlo tops although I think both have new styles this year.

HazeltheMcWitch Sat 22-Oct-11 12:52:03

magso - apols for late reply! Busy week... Thanks for info on the tops, will get some in that case. Glad the fabric is more matt than the Uniqlo ones, as their shininess was one of the things I didn't like.

Can report that my socks DO in fact make my feet feel a bit warmer than normal socks would, but they are really really thin, so good for smarter occasions, when fat thermal socks would not quite cut it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now