Talk

Advanced search

Help me find the impossible...a warm coat and long boots (am 6ft with pipecleaner calves!)

(4 Posts)
bootus Fri 14-Oct-11 22:02:59

I'm after two new winter items, neither of which I've had any success with before. Firstly I'm after a warm winter coat that ideally would be just above the knee or a 'long' jacket. Am open to suggestion and have looked in the all the usuals, even the 'tall' ranges in most high street shops are not long enough for me. Secondly I would love love a pair of nice leather (black or even brown) long boots, to wear over skinnies etc, but I have silly skinny calves and most look like wellies. For obvious reasons I'd rather not having anything resembling a big heel. I challenge you to help with one or both of these....

sweetheart Fri 14-Oct-11 22:10:17

What about Duo for boots - they do made to measure calf fittings.

accessorizequeen Sat 15-Oct-11 08:25:14

Thread here on warm coats for tall ladies m.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1315391-If-you-are-OVER-57-where-have-you-got-a-good-longish-waterproof-warm-coat

DottyP Sat 15-Oct-11 08:37:04

I can't help with the coat but I too have very skinny calves and recently bought a lovely pair of boots from Jones the Bootmaker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now