Talk

Advanced search

Mac or Nars? or any other?

(8 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Fri 14-Oct-11 20:29:21

What would you recommend from Mac or Nars? I've got some vouchers and was thinking I might get some eyeshadow and try a brand I haven't done before - Mac i cheaper...

monkeysmama Fri 14-Oct-11 21:35:52

The Nars matt lipstick pencils are brilliant. Their blushers are good too. Try Laguna if you use a bronzer - it's very good.

feelingratheroverwhelmed Fri 14-Oct-11 21:39:24

I like Bobbi Brown eyeshadow, but it ain't cheap. Lasts for ages though.

I've got Mac foundation that's great stuff, someone kindly gave it to me.

I've also used Chanel foundation in the past that I really loved, but they stopped doing my colour so I had to look elsewhere.

Up until a few years ago I was strictly a Rimmel girl, but now I think "sod it" and treat myself!.

OldBride Fri 14-Oct-11 23:14:49

Mmmm. Exciting. I was able to have a similar splurge in Debenhams when I returned a very unsuitable wedding gift and swapped it for make up for the wedding. Givenchy - mascara with a ball shaped brush - plasticy, but brilliant. Givenchy also have a lovely soft kohl eye pencil which is great for non-expert eye lining. My best make up purchase ever was By Terry Vitalumiere foundation. A heart-stopping £63.00, but unrivalled. I always wear Mac eyeshadow & lippy. Try one of their little tubes of eye paint in a boring base colour. An unexciting purchase but it will make difference to your make-up.

Angel786 Fri 14-Oct-11 23:53:59

Nars does amazing sparkly eye shadows. I love Bobbi brown shimmer brick. Mac lip glosses and eye shadows are also fab.

I alSo like no17 nail varnishes and creams.

stickybean Sat 15-Oct-11 00:27:49

Mac eyeshadows are the best and most long lasting. The person above who suggested getting a mac paint in a neutral colour is spot on, I suggest a colour called bare canvas. Then choose a lovely colour to go on top, it will last forever.
PS I am am a make up artist... I don't work for Mac though.

AuntieMaggie Sat 15-Oct-11 19:46:22

I have beeb looking at paradisco and coppering eyeshadows from mac online as i found a blog where they used them with off the page which doesnt seem to exist anymore -do you know if they do one similar?

I love eyeshadow i'm sure i dont need anymore but i want some kn coloursi dont already have!

HandMini Sat 15-Oct-11 21:24:14

Don't buy a MAC cream blusher. I was super disappointed in this, and gave up on their products since. I also really don't like their colours - can be quite full on.

From NARS, I have a blusher called Orgasm and a bronzer called Laguna, both of which I love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now