Talk

Advanced search

Jeans for pear shapes

(9 Posts)
Littlepurpleprincess Fri 14-Oct-11 16:40:56

Help me find a pair of jeans to fit rather pear shaped behind. I found ONE pair the may be nice, from River Island. I've looked at Topshop but theres no hope there if your not Kate Moss. I've also tried New Look. I find Next jeans are really poor quality.

I've finally gone through the knees of my very last pair of jeans.

I've got a tiny waist but thighs like an elephant's so I always get a gap at the back!

dexter73 Fri 14-Oct-11 17:13:35

Levis curve id
Gap curvy
Oasis
Monsoon
These are usually good for pear shapes.

Clure Fri 14-Oct-11 17:55:59

River Island I think are good for those of a more generous bottom curve, the "sexy bootcut" jeans are a good fit, as are their skinny jeans.

Ephiny Fri 14-Oct-11 18:01:45

I got some jeans from M&S Per Una a few weeks ago, which fit my shape quite well - generous in the thigh/hip and small-ish in the waist. No gap at the back, which is rare for me!

They are however higher waisted than I'd normally wear, which means they dig in a bit when I sit down, so not as comfortable as they could be. I also strongly suspect they would be considered frumpy mum-jeans by some, this may or may not bother you smile

Definitely don't go to Next, their stuff all seems to be made for apple shapes with skinny legs these days, and I agree the quality isn't great either.

I am extremely pear shaped and Next jeans fit me better than any others I have found on the high street. But, they stretch a lot once on, which is OK for bootcut say, but no good for skinny in boots because you get very baggy knees. I bought two pairs of skinnies in New Look at the weekend which fitted OK, but I haven't worn yet so cannot comment on stretchiness.

Littlepurpleprincess Sun 16-Oct-11 08:18:53

Thanks for all the replies! I do find that NEXT fit well but after a couple of washes they shrink and loose their shape.

I'm not sure about Pur Una, I'm 22, but I supose jeans are jeans.

Think I will definately try River Island.

AngryFeet Sun 16-Oct-11 08:29:01

I find the best are often the cheapest for pear shapes actually. The ones that have a little bit of stretch in them to help fit over all your curves.

Just bought these and they look great.

All the oasis, warehouse and topshop ones gape at the waist for me. Next is good though.

Hetaera Sun 16-Oct-11 22:09:34

I feel your pain! I always find Whitestuff jeans to be lovely. These are particularly good for the pear shaped lady and have a choice of leg lengths: www.whitestuff.com/FRAN-JEAN-P333390/ Also, there are usually a few discount or free p&p codes floating around.
Let us know how you get on.

Littlepurpleprincess Mon 17-Oct-11 20:10:30

oooo those Whitestuff jeans are lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now