Talk

Advanced search

bra not fitting even after several refits.

(16 Posts)
pinknails Fri 14-Oct-11 16:01:33

Hi a couple of weeks a go I had a bra fitting (on the recommendation of loads of friends) at Bravissimo. I was wearing a 36e. I'd been to a chain store (not M&S) who fitted me as a 38/40c. I knew this was way off and toddled of to Bravissimo.
Now the first lady fitted me as a 36f. Went away quite happy but after a day the underwire was digging in under my arm on right side. Went back and new lady right away said bra totally wrong and took me down to 34ff/g depending on bra. Two fit ok but one was far too wee just on one cup so went back and another lady fitted me again in new style/brand. this one now digging in in under arm on right side.
Each bra felt ok in shop but after a day I'm very un comfy. It appears to just be that one side. Every thing else about the bras are fantasic. Left side great and so comfy at straps, band ect. I am flush against body and look slimmer too.
I do have bit of lopsidedness but wouldn't say massive differance. I am however quite overweight and seem to be bulging out at side of bra roughtly where underwire meets band under my arm.
Iam almost enbarressed to go back. I feel like must be a freak.
Am I expecting too much to have all round comfort??
Or should I go back and get refitted yet again.
As I said two fit ok, at least I think they do.
I Have a Freya Deco which is good. It's a Panache tango that doesnt fit now. Also have a Freya lyla which was great in shop but I haven't worn yet.

pinknails Fri 14-Oct-11 16:05:39

Please excuse spelling mistakes, should have previewed.

warmandwooly Fri 14-Oct-11 17:40:32

Go back and explain the situation and maybe go somewhere different to tham. What part of the country are u in?

pinknails Fri 14-Oct-11 18:15:19

Scotland. Just ouside Edinburgh.
No idea where to go and have already spent nearly £100.
Going to go back yet again.
Can't figure out why Iam so unfitable sad

warmandwooly Fri 14-Oct-11 18:15:44

If you aren't comfortable with it then go back. Don't be embarassed- if u feel more comfy go ,if you can, when the shop first opens and explain it to them. Maybe consider going some where else. I used to go there and when i decided to splurge on some bras last year i went to a small more local company and it was great! They put me in Fantasie and I have not looked back! What part of the counrty are you in?

pinknails Fri 14-Oct-11 18:35:17

I feel so embarrassed as will be forth time. funnily Each time bra appears ok and fitter seems pleased. Then after a day I'm in pain on one side only.
Maybe I've got weird armpit.

warmandwooly Fri 14-Oct-11 18:53:42

http://sadiethebralady.com
I got fitted by fitters at Sadie The Bra Lady..not sure if they are in Scotland. Check on their website as they aren't that far away from you! Check out the Twitter account.

pinknails Fri 14-Oct-11 19:12:07

Thanks

warmandwooly Fri 14-Oct-11 19:26:06

Fantasie bras are part of the same company as Freya i think. I hope you get sorted its horrible when your bra doesnt feel good. Have you looked at the website for Sadie?

brighthair Fri 14-Oct-11 19:58:31

Just typed long post and lost it angry
Freya and panache fit totally different panache fits wider boobs better so underwire comes further back. You will prob be better sticking with Freya. Panache fit like a dream on me, Freya looks awful.
HTH

ellangirl Fri 14-Oct-11 20:44:55

The tango bra has never been comfortable for me either- always digs in under the arm so it's the bra not you at fault! I fit Freya and bravissimo's own bras better.

pinknails Fri 14-Oct-11 21:12:06

it's funny as the two that fit are freya but I had a freya niamh which was uncomfy on one cup. It fitted great apart from that cup. Back and wires all very comfy.
Can't believe have to go back. Think hasn't helped have had 3 fitters.
Looked at Sadie. Seem to all be North east so may need to book a train fare.

BuntyCollocks Fri 14-Oct-11 21:34:20

Pinknails there's a fantastic independent bra shop in both bathgate (near train station) and Stirling called the personal touch. They'll sort you out.

Fuzzled Fri 14-Oct-11 21:40:20

Second that recommendation for the bra shop in Bathgate.

Used to go home and use it before finding Bravissimo up here.

pinknails Fri 14-Oct-11 22:35:20

Oh thank you so much. Will def try there.

piratecaaaaaaaaaghhht Fri 14-Oct-11 22:53:53

sounds like the Panache brand isn't for you.

can second Fantasie. very comfy. i used to work in high end bra shop in London, and they deigned to have Fantasie on their shelves!! they were also the cheapest in said posh shop!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now