Talk

Advanced search

green/ginger tinge after home hair colouring. Help!!

(7 Posts)
ballroomblitz Fri 14-Oct-11 14:53:03

I got fed up over having to get my hair highlighted so much so decided to go back to my natural colour - a dark blondish colour and home-hair coloured it with Nice and Easy dark blonde. Started off really dark but washed out fairly quickly and left a green/ginger tinge off it. I've been washing it with head and shoulders to try and get the colour out of it and although it's lightened, the tinge is still there, especially in the sun.
Anyone any ideas of what to do with it?? I really can't afford to get the hairdresser to do it with kid's birthdays and stuff round the corner but it's getting on my nerves. Was thinking of trying a light golden brown colour to balance it out but terrified I'll end up with orange hair next.
At this stage I don't care what colour I end up as long as it looks kind normal!!!

ZZZenAgain Fri 14-Oct-11 14:56:48

no idea, sorry. So it is mostly the right colour now, darkish blond with green/ginger bits where the pale highlights were?

ballroomblitz Fri 14-Oct-11 14:59:39

Definately more ginger at the top where my roots had grown out and greenish where the highlights were. Knew it was going to be a big mistake colouring it myself. Think I would have learned from my teenage years.

crappyhappybabby Fri 14-Oct-11 15:07:22

Sounds weird but tomato ketchup should help to eliminate the green. Make sure you wash it out properly though!!

ballroomblitz Fri 14-Oct-11 15:09:30

Tried it already smile

ArtyJules Fri 14-Oct-11 15:58:46

Definitely try using red again. It does work on the theory of colours and red will cancel out the green (which sounds like the worst colour of the two).

Why don't you pick a slightly darker shade like a light-mid brown which has some mahogany in it. It might look good in winter anyway and as well as cancelling the green it won't make the ginger bits any redder if you pick a slightly plummy purplely hue (which has more blue tones in to cancel the yellow). I use Garnier nutrisse because it doesn't smell as bad at the other brands and gives a really shiny finish! Make sure you condition your hair lots and it will have taken a bit of a hammering by this point - colouring lifts the hair cuticles and it will need smoothing back down to look healthy.

ballroomblitz Fri 14-Oct-11 16:25:29

It was a month ago it was coloured and chopped so not in bad condition now. Hard trying to get the right colour when it's dark blonde as it always says not to go any more than two shades difference. Thanks, I'll be needed a glass of wine later to screw up the courage to dye it again. Typical, I try to get it back to my original colour because of the hassel of dying it and now I'm ending up with something totally different smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now