Talk

Advanced search

Clarins facials - any good?

(6 Posts)
mavornia Thu 13-Oct-11 22:35:37

I'm currently 7 months pregnant and feeling tired, yuck and grey of face.

I was thinking of having a facial and maybe a manicure to perk myself up

How would you rate Clarins facials? Or would Elemis be better?

And would you just go for a manicure in a nail bar rather than one with a brand?

Thanks

HotBurrito1 Thu 13-Oct-11 22:40:35

I had a Clarins facial and my skin looked lovely. But then they went in for the hard sell/scare tactics and I left with a 'prescription' of treatments/products to deal with all my 'flaws' feeling a bit pissed off.

mavornia Fri 14-Oct-11 00:17:30

I would hate that - it would defeat the purpose of going, I would be lying there thinking of the excuses I would have to give at the end to avoid having to buy a shed-load of products. Drat!

gregssausageroll Fri 14-Oct-11 08:14:04

Their maternity treatments are very good. I had courses throughout my pregnancy.

You just need to tell them you are here for your treatment and don't want any product. Simple.

2wwmadness Fri 14-Oct-11 08:19:32

I had te pregnancy treatment and it was amazing! I also have the tri-active facials and they really really make a difference. In terms of the hard sell I never have had that. They offer products to use at home, but so will any spa. But it's up to you if you don't buy them. I have never bought anything I don want. Just say "no thank you, have you got a sample" and they are very pleasant and don't mind at all! (I have also gone back and bought a few things after samples as they were very good)

mavornia Fri 14-Oct-11 10:12:13

I'm blowing the other way now - I'm going to book one. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now