Talk

Advanced search

Macadamia Oil for very dry dull hair. Anyone used it?

(12 Posts)
Pancakeflipper Thu 13-Oct-11 21:52:55

Went to the hairdressers tonight and wailed into her nylon gowns that my hair which is wavy. thick and has a mind of its own is now super dry and nothing I use seems to help it look shiny and healthy. It's drab and dull.

Now had it coloured tonight so looking glossy and she gave a small bottle of macadamia oil and a deep treatment mask.

Now is this macadamia oil just going to make me have horrible greasy hair?

Or will it be wonderful?

stripeybump Thu 13-Oct-11 21:54:29

I smooth a dessert spoon of olive oil on to the ends of my highlighted and dry hair when I have a bath, so the heat helps it soak in. Does wonders - obv wash it out afterwards and condition as normal.

bran Thu 13-Oct-11 22:01:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClaudiaSchiffer Fri 14-Oct-11 04:56:19

I have the most astonishing wiry, grey, and frizzy hair - lucky me grin

I use Moroccan oil. It turns the ghastly horror into silky shiny luxuriant tresses. Also it smells nice.

I heartily recommend.

Pancakeflipper Fri 14-Oct-11 11:28:40

Well I used it this morning and I don't have greasy looking hair.

So it could be the answer to my dreams.

And if not then I will be searching out the products you have suggested. I love the sound of your transformation ClaudiaSchiffer.

FoofFighters Fri 14-Oct-11 11:28:49

Oils are excellent for hair smile some coat the hair (in a good way) and some can be absorbed by it. I use olive oil as a deep conditioning treatment.

PinotScreechio Fri 14-Oct-11 16:41:00

yes yes to oils for your hair. Sweet Almond Oil is great, avocado oil, argan oil, olive oil. Great stuff.

Moroccanoil is ££ and is argan oil + silicones. Tis good though.

MissBeehiving Fri 14-Oct-11 17:30:28

Macademia made my hair greasy, but is OK as a pre -treatment IMO. I use argan oil every day which gives it much better condition but without the greasiness.

ClaudiaSchiffer Fri 14-Oct-11 23:27:13

OOh Pinot, is Argan oil cheaper? Does it smell as nice?

If YY then I'm gonna get me some of that shit. grin

PinotScreechio Sat 15-Oct-11 12:45:47

Argan oil is much cheaper! And doesn't really have a smell to notice - you use a drop (about 1/3 as much as you do of morroccanoil). I'll find you a link smile

PinotScreechio Sat 15-Oct-11 12:48:13

this is what I use This size will last well over a year. Also great for amoothing on your face at night and into your decolletage for a skin-renewal overnight. Use as an eye-cream, a lip treatment, a cuticle treatment.

Pancakeflipper Sat 15-Oct-11 15:47:06

oooh I want some now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now