Talk

Advanced search

dress for a december wedding

(13 Posts)
sunshineoutdoors Thu 13-Oct-11 17:57:10

I've got a wedding to go to in December and I really really wanted to wear this dress

However I ordered it and when it came and I tried it on the size 8 is quite big on me and they don't go any smaller.

I am trying to forget about this dress but I can't! As I am quite petite I feel better in very fitted things as they actually give me some shape.

I wondered if anyone had any similar, alternative suggestions - I don't really want to spend over £100 but might for the right dress - or could point me in the direction of labels/shops to try (e.g similar to coast that I may not have tried yet)

This will be my first proper 'outing' since giving birth in August so I'd love to feel right. The dress I linked was just perfect and I'm so annoyed it doesn't come in my size. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

HotBurrito1 Thu 13-Oct-11 18:43:47

over budget
bargain mango

TethHearseEnd Thu 13-Oct-11 18:53:27

FC

Coast

Coast

Coast again

Reiss if you could do a 4

Karen Millen

TethHearseEnd Thu 13-Oct-11 19:04:32

LK Bennett

sunshineoutdoors Fri 14-Oct-11 07:07:53

Ooh I think I like the nikita ruched dress from coast. Thank you. It is over my budget but it looks dress downable with boots and a cardie and I'd be able to wear it over Christmas as well as for the wedding, thereby reducing cost per wear

<prepares justifications to dh when asking for the money>

All the dresses that have been suggested are great. I love that I can come on here and people have bothered to take their time to help me. Thank you! (sorry I am aware that sounds cheesy but it's true.)

littledolly Fri 14-Oct-11 12:07:47

Big thanks for me too! I have a wedding to go to the last weekend in November, and that is exactly the kind of style, etc that I am looking for. I agreed sunshine about being able to wear it over Christmas too, so am off to Coast next week for a peek around.

HotBurrito1 Fri 14-Oct-11 14:51:35

Sunshineoutdoors it's also nice when people come back and say what they think as you and dolly have done (more cheese grin).

TethHearseEnd Fri 14-Oct-11 16:36:31

Watch it you lot. I am hormonal and crying at everything, and the un-S&B niceness has just tipped me over the edge... how lovely.

<weeps>

HotBurrito1 Fri 14-Oct-11 16:46:38

Oh go on have a good blub tethers smile

sweetheart Fri 14-Oct-11 16:58:03

You had a baby in August and a size 8 is too big envy envy envy envy

TethHearseEnd Fri 14-Oct-11 17:03:56

<wails>

sunshineoutdoors Fri 14-Oct-11 20:54:36

Hmmm, not as good as it sounds though when you can't find a dress that makes you look like an actual grown up woman (although I am aware there are worse problems in the world). I'm not ridiculously skinny though, just small.

The coast dresses are looking hopeful though, can't wait to go and do some trying on!

sunshineoutdoors Fri 14-Oct-11 21:52:51

I've just read that back and would like to correct my overuse of the word 'though'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now