Talk

Advanced search

Packing for a weekend to Bath

(6 Posts)
Jools0812 Thu 13-Oct-11 14:10:20

Hope someone can help.and perhaps reassure me..I have always been rubbish at packing to go away..always take far too much so OH moans. So I thought this time I would try and pack the bare minimum
We're going away to Bath tomorrow with my 3 best friends and their husbands. Really looking forward to it..we've been under tremendous stress (I have terminal cancer which is spreading fast and have just recently had some radiotherapy treatment) lately so need a break. I'm just struggling to decide what to pack!
I have a pair of black trousers and a fancy top for tomorrow nights 'posh' restaurant. A pair of black jeans and a nice top for Saturday night where we are going to River cottage and then to its comedy nights.
Its the daytime that i am struggling with. I thought it would be sunny but chilly so packed a couple of long sleeve tops to wear with a fleece or a body warmer.
Just been outside and I am ROASTING..so maybe t shirts would be better.? plus the fleece (fleece is quite thick). I'll be pushed around in a wheelchair most of the time so need to be comfy
I want to be relaxed but worrying so much about clothes. Have put on a LOT of weight recently due to cancer treatment so fret a lot about what I look like. Can't afford new clothes.This could be my last break away with friends so want to have a good time
Julie

madammecholet Thu 13-Oct-11 16:17:52

You'll have a GREAT time..... its warm here at the moment and the weekend is set to be about 18', so t shirts and body warmer would be fine. Bath is quite stylish so err on the side of smarter rather than trainers/jeans....altho depends what you're doing in the day...sightseeing or shopping?

<SHOPPING SHOPPING SHOPPING>

PS - lots of hills so fleece maybe too warm pushing a pushchair!

wideawakenurse Thu 13-Oct-11 16:27:40

I'd say layers are best, as the weather is very mixed at the moment.

Pack a few scarfs, as I find that they are warming and look stylish even if you only have a t-shirt or cardigan on. Take the fleece though, just in case it all goes pear shaped and the weather becomes baltic. grin

Your evening outfits sound perfect, by the way.

I hope that you have a wonderful and special weekend with your friends.

Take care.

HotBurrito1 Thu 13-Oct-11 16:41:51

I think wideawakenurse is onto something with the scarves idea. Don't forget necklaces too, as they don't take up much space either and can 'lift' an outfit. I would go with short sleeves, coz you can always add layers cardi etc. Your evening outfits sound great.

Have a lovely time smile

NewChoos Thu 13-Oct-11 16:53:49

We go to Bath quite a lot as DH has friends there, I love going out in Bath and I agree the shopping is very good.
Jeans/trousers and fancy top sounds good for the evening. Could you wear some nice sandals/evening shoes as it's going to be warm (although it is a bit cobbly but maybe not an issue if you are using a wheel chair in the evening - then you could wear towering shoes smile

Have you got a maxi dress? Probably mild enough for that in the day with a cardigan.

I hope you have a fantastic time.

polyhymnia Thu 13-Oct-11 17:00:32

Have a great time! Bath is a brilliant w/e choice - such a gorgeous place, with good shopping too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now