Talk

Advanced search

Jumper necklines that flatter...

(4 Posts)
milkmoustache Thu 13-Oct-11 13:55:06

... a short-waisted hourglass size 16 - ie me! I am quite busty and also have quite broad shoulders so over the years I have had to say no to boat necks, crew necks, polo necks and I am getting SO BORED of v-necks. Loose cowl necks are OK as long as they are quite small ones that don't hang down too low. Please inspire me if you are a similar shape or just really good at styling other people!

headfairy Thu 13-Oct-11 13:57:02

I wear a lot of cardigans... longer length ones, boyfriend style. Fine knit and clean edges, no waterfall rubbish. Add a plain v neck teeshirt underneath and some nice jewellery nestling in your cleavage and voila!

teta Thu 13-Oct-11 14:17:30

I am size 14 at the moment and a square shouldered 5ft 3in.I never wear v necks but go for the grandad t-shirt shape with small buttons and cowl necks.I do wear the low cut cowl necks with a vest top underneath.I also wear wrap type tops and round-necked tunics with leggings and a long pendant necklace to distract from my shoulders.M&S have cowl necked tops at the moment in pima cotton and modal that are really nice on and an indigo blue grandad top.I also find that i suit flowing cardigans better - they make me look less square.Waterfall cardigans are out, but TK Maxx have cashmere fluted-front long cardigans that are really nice on.

milkmoustache Thu 13-Oct-11 18:15:25

Thanks both of you - I feel inspired to hit the shops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now