Talk

Advanced search

jeans for big hips/small waist??

(18 Posts)
familyfun Thu 13-Oct-11 12:06:47

i have just worn a hole through the knee of my second pair of jeans this week crawling round and changing nappies and need a new pair.
i have size 12 skinny jeans from tesco and from next, they sag off my waist, hang off my flat bum but fit tigt around my hips.
am i a lost cause?
does anyone else rip holes through the knees regulalrly?
smile

meltedchocolate Thu 13-Oct-11 12:39:59

Levi's bold curve. Pricey but could be a good investment? Shouldn't wear thin as quickly as cheaper jeans.

PaschaTheSlasher Thu 13-Oct-11 12:41:49

Agree, I have the Levi's demi curve, the bold is even curvier.

meltedchocolate Thu 13-Oct-11 12:43:56

I haven't got them yet but my jeans always gape hugely at the back. Ironic as everyone says I have a small bum. But I have a very long torso and my legs are actually quite short and small so my bum is actually in pretty good proportion to my legs but has a long back to curve into... so I need a bold curve... Does that make sense?

kerpob Thu 13-Oct-11 12:44:15

Have you tried the george "great bum" jeans? - I have big hips and small waist and they are a great fit

Bunbaker Thu 13-Oct-11 12:44:41

I have the same problem as you. My waist is 12 smaller than my hips. Levis Bold Curve are a great fit. But I found an even better pair in TK Maxx - SaltWorks jeans. They sit just below my waist, have some stretch in them and they fit perfectly. What's more they only cost me £16!

When DD was little I just used to wear jogging bottoms in the house - far more comfortable for crawling around in.

Maisiethemorningsidecat Thu 13-Oct-11 12:48:02

Great Bums sold out on their website sad

ragged Thu 13-Oct-11 12:48:39

familyfun Thu 13-Oct-11 12:58:55

ooh thanks, cant afford levis but will try asda and tkmax, cant wear joggers cos im out on the school run and then baby groups so im in and out all day and feel slightly better in jeans and a half decent top. smile

afishcalledmummy Thu 13-Oct-11 14:16:55

Oasis are good for big hips and small waists - and they had a number of pairs in their sale when I went in there yesterday. May be worth a try.

ColdSancerre Thu 13-Oct-11 14:19:16

Gap Curvy are designed for the shape you describe, but they only come in boot cut. £45 a pair but there are discount codes around sometimes for 15% off.

zipzap Thu 13-Oct-11 16:36:43

roma fit from per una in M&S - their pisa fit tend to be low slung but the roma ones fit nicely

or sainsburys - I haven't ever managed to find trousers to fit me in Tesco but the sainsburys jeans and cords fit really well. The cords in winter - especially their £18 rather than £12 are really thick stretchy cord and both fit and wear really well, better than others that cost more than double the price. I just wish you could order them online. Or that I spotted the notice to say they had 25% off clothes before the last afternoon of the offer by which time all my size had gone sad They have jeans in all the time but the nice thick cords (which they don't have in as much as the cheaper ones) have just come in...

GrimmaTheNome Thu 13-Oct-11 16:40:43

I was going to say M&S Roma too.

Babies are hard on the knees!

CakeandRoses Thu 13-Oct-11 19:09:57

M & S high waist skinny cords are my recent best buy for my small waist, wide hips and a long torso - they're really comfortable and look good.

AnyoneButLulu Thu 13-Oct-11 19:18:29

I wear Gap Long and Lean which work well for me (mostly because they sit well below the waist so I only have to worry about my arse). More expensive than the supermarkets though - I reckon on paying 30 quid-ish in the outlet mall or by using one of their 30% off vouchers.

Bunbaker Thu 13-Oct-11 20:21:05

It's great now it is easier to find jeans for curvier women and with higher waists these days. At last the manufacturers are listening to us.

brighthair Thu 13-Oct-11 21:20:22

M&S flat front skinny jeans work for me. They are 12.50 too grin
12 inches difference between my waist and hips plus a flat bum sad and they actually make me look like I have a bum

familyfun Fri 14-Oct-11 14:27:33

thaks for al the ideas, birthday coming up so hopefully be able to treat myself smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now