Talk

Advanced search

Hoodies

(17 Posts)
spatchcock Wed 12-Oct-11 23:22:03

I'm after a hoody for slouching around in on cool days.

I don't want one with Goldigga! or something equally hideous emblazoned across it. I want warm, quality and comfy. Oh and preferably something that covers my arse a bit.

There's a sale on at Sports Direct but I'm not sure about any of the brands because I usually buy my clothes from a charity shop unbranded stuff.

Suggestions please!

spatchcock Wed 12-Oct-11 23:22:45

Sports Direct stuff here.

spatchcock Thu 13-Oct-11 10:37:05

Are you all too classy for hoodies or sommat?

BedHog Thu 13-Oct-11 10:47:12

I get my slouchy hoodies from the mens section at Primark. Sometimes they have stuff on the front but its usually surf-related or some retro American print rather than anything too embarrassing.

If I want a more fitted hoodie, then New Look usually has a good colour range, or Bench hoodies (from the outlet store) are good as they have extra long arms with thumb holes.

BedHog Thu 13-Oct-11 10:52:35

From your link, if you click on womens clothes, then sort in price low to high, there are some nice Miss Fiori hoodies for £7 that don't look like they have too much branding - I think that's what I'd choose. Definitely avoid Lonsdale though!!

louloubellamozzarella Thu 13-Oct-11 11:11:08

American Apparel has ones in a rainbow of colours - can order online.

Check out ASOS too - they don't have many women's ones but lots of plain men's ones - how about this one £11 in the sale

spatchcock Thu 13-Oct-11 11:11:54

Thanks for the suggestion of Bench, I've had a google and I quite like the look of this one.

The Fiori one is ok but 100% polyester, think I'd want a blend.

louloubellamozzarella Thu 13-Oct-11 11:13:08

I forgot H&M always have hoodies in - sometimes they are hidden in the Divided section (mostly teen stuff). Lots of colours and no logos.

spatchcock Thu 13-Oct-11 11:17:21

Brill - thanks loulou.

startail Thu 13-Oct-11 11:23:55

Animal hoodies are cosy, amount of logo varies, mine has animal in big letter. DDs has a tree. They are warm and wash well and are best bought in salesgrin

Whizkidwithacrazystreak Thu 13-Oct-11 17:50:34

Gap?

www.gap.eu/browse/category.do?cid=57364

BedatHogwarts Fri 14-Oct-11 08:24:22

That Bench hoodie looks the same as one I have in black. It's really comfy and has washed and worn well. The only drawback is the neck hole is quite tight, so it's a bit like skinning a rabbit trying to get the thing off!

spatchcock Fri 14-Oct-11 09:30:07

Hogwarts - that's good to know. I might go and try one on and see if it will fit over my big head. How is the length on it?

The Gap ones are ok but they don't look like they'll cover my big arse at all - they look like they come up quite short.

BedatHogwarts Fri 14-Oct-11 09:48:33

The length of mine is mid-bum, but I got it in small as I wanted it fitted rather than big and baggy. I have a Bench mens hoodie too, and that covers my bum completely!

spatchcock Fri 14-Oct-11 10:47:09

Ooh, thanks, helpful.

Whitecat Fri 14-Oct-11 12:35:13

H&M Sport section has hoodies too. Some with thumb holes for when you really need to cosy up.

Littlepurpleprincess Fri 14-Oct-11 16:43:05

I will second H&M. I got a plain black hoodie for £9.99. It's nice and long. They do lots of colours too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now