Talk

Advanced search

do I really need snow boots

(5 Posts)
kbaby Wed 12-Oct-11 22:22:28

I can't decide.

Last year in the snow I managed with joules wellies and fleece welly socks, then I added yax traxs for extra grip. They did the job and were comfy etc, however Im thinking maybe I should get snow boots. I need long ones otherwise surely my jeans will get wet and have ordered some black ones from next. But do I really want to spend £70.00 on something I'm only going to need occasionally, plus they are hardly the most stylish of things.
So those of you that have snow boots can you tell me why they are better than wellies to help me decide.

Thanks

Mumshouse43 Wed 12-Oct-11 23:34:19

Hi kbaby - I've just posted a reply to one of the threads re: snowboots think the thread was called "which snowboots". Have a squiz - hope this help you.

smile xx

whackamole Thu 13-Oct-11 02:05:19

I just bought some from M&M DIrect for £23. They are Trespass so the real deal!

I couldn't be without them tbh as we don't have a car so have no choice but to hoof it everywhere.

kbaby Thu 13-Oct-11 17:22:28

Thanks, I've taken a look at the ones suggested. What I don't get though is why the cheaper ones are calf length. I would've thought unless I was wearing waterproof bottoms I would get wet as the snow reaches above the top of the boots.

AngryFeet Thu 13-Oct-11 17:27:35

I just do exactly what you did last year. The yaktrax are very good and at least the wellies come up to your knees. I just use two pairs of wooly socks underneath and job done smile Got snow boots for the kids though as the snow will still go over the tops of their wellies. With the snow boots you can pull the tops tight with toggles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now