Talk

Advanced search

what do you lot think of

(15 Posts)
Sleepwhenidie Wed 12-Oct-11 20:00:03

this skirt

I love it, much more vibrant colours in rl. Not what I would normally wear though, usually I go for shortish dresses with tights and boots. I love the idea of this with a chunky jumper but what shoes with it? Biker boots or non? Dont think ballet pumps will work"...And do you think it would be totally ott for daytime wear?

SoupDragon Wed 12-Oct-11 20:03:42

Um... I think it looks like someone has vomited paint down it!

SoupDragon Wed 12-Oct-11 20:04:04

But each to their own grin

Sleepwhenidie Wed 12-Oct-11 20:09:58

I see where you are coming from soup but is that a bad thing? grin

Sleepwhenidie Wed 12-Oct-11 20:11:13

Btw my wardrobe is 90% shades of grey so I am trying to inject a bit of colour smile

dingdongthewitchisdead3 Wed 12-Oct-11 20:12:33

I'm with soup on this one...not a fan at all. It belongs on a wall, not on a body. But I'm sure there are some fashion forward girls on here who could pull it off.

AchtungBaby Wed 12-Oct-11 20:13:20

Yikes, it's not quite my cup of tea.

Sleepwhenidie, can you link to some short-ish dresses + boots that you thin work together? I need to find some new things to wear grin, and I'm strating to like the idea of boots that I can tuck my b;ack skinny jeans into.

AchtungBaby Wed 12-Oct-11 20:13:55

Oops, sorry for all of the typos.

Sleepwhenidie Wed 12-Oct-11 22:43:37

Ok, moment of madness then grin. probably a good motto to stick by with clothes is if you have to ask for others opinions, the answer is usually no. Back to my grey!

What kind of thing do you like Achtung? I am SAHM but like wearing nice things, even if pushing buggy and doing school runs! On that casual, daytime basis do any of these take your fancy?

pretty, flattering

clingier, but cosy

bolder but could tone down with boots, opaques and cardi or dressed up for evening?

I invested in a pair of zadig biker boots last winter (asked for selfridges vouchers for Xmas from family then added to them!) and I absolutely adore them. Definitely invest as much as you can in a good pair of boots and look after them, they should then be worth it. Mine are just like these but black leather, no zips. They work brilliantly with feminine dresses to stop them looking too much for daytime and also roomy enough for jeans to tuck in or great with leggings.

Sleepwhenidie Wed 12-Oct-11 22:47:15

Loads of other great dresses on french connection website by the way.

Am now trying to stop thinking about those tan suede boots hmm. Your fault Achtung!

SoupDragon Thu 13-Oct-11 09:30:49

Those tan boots have reminded me of the removable studded black boot straps I have nestling in my wardrobe as a rewind of my Youth [wistful]

SoupDragon Thu 13-Oct-11 09:31:37

Rewind = reminder BTW. Autocorrect has gone nuts on my iPad.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 13-Oct-11 09:40:24

I love a splash of colour, especially in winter, but this is too much splash and too many colours for me.

I would say keep searching.

dingdongthewitchisdead3 Thu 13-Oct-11 15:15:44

Lovely links sleep
The boots are yum...still shock at the price but I do agree with you about the investment. When I worked I bought a pair of hobbs boots for £200 and I have worn them for three winters (3/4 days a week) and they still look great.

AchtungBaby Thu 13-Oct-11 18:29:12

Thanks for the links sleepwhenidie, I'm having difficulty deciding what I'd like to wear at the moment.

So, Warehouse dress - very nice!
French Connection dress - very nice too, but the arms might drive me mad.
Miss Selfridge dress - maybe a bit too smart for me, but then maybe I need to be smarter confused.

When I'm at work, I usually wear a silk top, dark trousers, and possibly a cardigan. When I'm not at work smile, I usually wear a t-shirt, and boyfriend jeans. I just bought 2 pairs of black skinny jeans which I love though. So, I'd really like some cosy boots that I can tuck them into (I wore them with black cowboy boots today, but couldn't work out if it looked okay or awful grin). There's no way I'm going to keep wearing pumps to work in this soggy weather (and it'll be cold soon too).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now