Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

losing weight and new clothes

(5 Posts)
nearlyfinisheduni Wed 12-Oct-11 19:16:17

Hi I'm in the process of trying to lose weight but am desperate for new clothes, I also think it'll make me feel better about myself if i look a bit more stylish while losing weight!I'm not sure what to buy though as I dont have the funds to buy loads of new things everytime clothes get too big!!

babycham42 Wed 12-Oct-11 19:18:42

Leggings,tights and tunic tops/dresses can be worn through a few sizes.Just watch out for too big shoulders/necklines.

trixymalixy Wed 12-Oct-11 19:20:42

Primark. Jeans for £9, tops for £3. Great for an interim wardrobe until you reach your goal weight.

DottyDot Wed 12-Oct-11 19:22:21

Hi there - I'm in the same position and have just got a few tops from La Redoute - I got a discount + free delivery code from here and got 3 vest tops and a couple of smart-ish tops for work for around £20 - feel much smarter and better in smaller clothes! I'd already got a pair of trousers from Primark ages ago that I can finally get in. Am hoping to be a size smaller by the New Year...! Sorry am on the phone so can't do a link but have a look at La Redoute and the discount codes you can get - and good luck!

nearlyfinisheduni Wed 12-Oct-11 19:25:37

thanks everyone, primarks a good idea as the clothes dont last long anyway but are cheap and will have a look at la redoute

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: