Talk

Advanced search

Maxidress help!

(7 Posts)
LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 12-Oct-11 16:08:55

I have this. I have worn it only at home so far, for dinners and parties, 'styled' with bare feet in a glam 70s kind of way <deluded> grin but would love to wear it more. I don't know though what sort of places/events outside of home I could wear it to. Suggestions, S&B lovelies? I am willing to dress it up or down. TIA.

cheekeymonster Thu 13-Oct-11 14:08:35

OOoo, it is LUSH!
Have you worn it with a fur gilet or denim jacket to dress it down for anything from shopping to a drink with girls?
Shoe boots would give it an autumn feel.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 13-Oct-11 14:16:07

Don't own a gilet but I could try the denim jacket thing ...

I have leopard-print shoe boots, but they might not dress it down particularly grin. Also have flat tan ankle boots but am worried about looking rather large and hippoesque if I wear flats ...

Thanks!

notyummy Thu 13-Oct-11 14:26:22

Work computer won't let me link so I am working blind! I am the owner of many maxi dresses though, so will just go from experience....

Wedge boots work well I think. I have a fitted jacket (blazer style) that I wear with mine sometimes - although has to be fairly short to get the proportions right.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 13-Oct-11 14:37:14

Yes, hadn't thought about a short blazer/jacket ... I don't really like wedge boots but have some with a v low chunky heel and the aforementioned leopard ones with a kitten heel.

So you don't think it'd look too dressy, even with boots/jacket? It has a bronze-coloured embellished halterneck and I think it's quite glitzy ...(sorry, notyummy, I know you can't see it at the mo!).

notyummy Thu 13-Oct-11 14:45:38

The link worked this time!! I know this sounds a bit bonkers, but have you tried it over a plain white tee shirt - that would def dress it down. Just depends how it would actually look.

Otherwise I think I would probably stick to it as evening wear in autumn winter (would wear it out in the day in summer.) You could try it with a longline cashmere cardie (open and belted). Der more wearable in the summer though.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 13-Oct-11 15:01:35

Yes, a T-shirt would have to be exactly the right T-shirt wouldn't it? I'm not sure that look is very me, TBH.

Long cardie is a good idea. Maybe a chunky knit rather than a long flowy one ...

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now