Talk

Advanced search

I want a biker jacket that doesn't make me look either butch or booby

(10 Posts)
TougherThanTheRest Wed 12-Oct-11 11:48:21

Any suggestions? I'm a size 14 with big boobs and quite short with short hair so the potential for either of the aforementioned situations is high.

monkeysmama Wed 12-Oct-11 11:53:04

Have you seen the Mint Velvet one? I have it in the caramel they did in spring. I'm a 12-14 normally and have a big chest but got the 10 so I'd recommend trying the 12 too. It's very soft and ages well. Inhale a code for £20 off and free p&p I can dig out if you like it.

miche8 Wed 12-Oct-11 12:15:16

i'm the same size i like the mint velvet one but a bit out of my price range, have seen one online at oasis but can't find it in stores.

Monkeysmama what is the code please?

TougherThanTheRest Wed 12-Oct-11 12:24:47

That's gorgeous but a bit out of my budget I think sad Should have said I really can't afford to spend more than £150. Lovely site for ideas though, beautiful clothes.

monkeysmama Wed 12-Oct-11 12:28:44

Sorry I should've checked your budget. Try SHEER11 iirc.

Zara have a few nice shapes in too but imo you have to try them.

TougherThanTheRest Wed 12-Oct-11 12:49:03

There are some nice ones on the Zara site but I agree I'd probably be best to try them on, I feel a shopping trip coming on...

sprinkles77 Wed 12-Oct-11 16:14:46

you will probably find that one that does not have pockets around the boobs is more flattering. And not a bomber jacket style with ribbing at the waist as they bunch up round your tits and chin. Speaking from experience. Do you definitely need a biker style one? If you are worried about looking butch or booby you might be better off finding one that is a bit more nipped in at the waist so it has a more feminine edge. I'm a similar build as you and have made a couple of mistakes with biker jackets.

TougherThanTheRest Thu 13-Oct-11 09:33:26

I have made similar mistakes sprinkles, I don't think it's the best style for a short busty build - people I admire who wear them are generally tall, slim and fairly boob-free eg This girl, can't find a picture of her wearing one but she does a lot in her show and This girl who wears them all the time in her blog pics and looks really cool. I love the look but am not convinced it is going to suit me sad

monkeysmama Thu 13-Oct-11 11:31:45

WIT in your second link has big boobs. The leather jacket she's wearing this season is from Whistles. Their sale just started and they have a dark plum one with a lot off iirc. Loads of shops have them in atm - Topshop had a good few and again, Zara had different shapes and textures.

TougherThanTheRest Thu 13-Oct-11 12:52:29

Do you think she does? Maybe it's just because she's so much taller and thinner than me it doesn't show so much. I love that Whistles one and it's a great reduction but I'm not sure about the colour - guess that's why it's in the sale!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now