Talk

Advanced search

milia removal

(4 Posts)
floramckitchen Wed 12-Oct-11 09:15:28

I have quite a few milia (little hard white bumps) around my eyes and was wondering if anybody knew a safe way that I could remove them at home without scarring myself.

Its so tempting to try and squeeze them but I am resisting the urge..

Thanks

Dontbugmemalone Wed 12-Oct-11 09:59:06

Hi

I have got loads and loads of milia on my face so I know what you're going through.
Don't burst them yourself! At least not yet.

I have been to different cosmologists and the best method of removing them is to pop a hole in one spot and then squeeze it very hard between a tissue. It does hurt, I won't lie but it does help. However, they do grow back but quite slowly so this treatment is required several times.
If you really want to do it yourself, at least go once so you know how to do it properly.

I've also been told that doing microdermabrasion first and then the popping is the most effective way but this hurts even more.

It takes me about an hour but I have a lot so I doubt it will take you very long.

I hope this helps.

jenny60 Wed 12-Oct-11 11:55:51

Hi,
was just on a thread about this yesterday or the day before so have a look. I've had mine (about 8) removed with electrolisis. It was super quick, not painful and only one, a really large one, grew back. They treated it again for free and so far so good. I can't remember how much it cost, but not very expensive and it took seconds. That was more than a year ago now.

kbaby Wed 12-Oct-11 22:10:18

I sterilise a pin, stick a hole in it and with tissue covered fingers, squeeze the hard Lump out. Don't do it before a night out though because if you do it wrong you get a graze from the squeezing.
It's with therapeuticsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now