Talk

Advanced search

Too much of a coward

(7 Posts)
SenSationsMad Tue 11-Oct-11 21:08:43

I thought I was brave enough to go gray. I haven't coloured it for a while, and it's not pretty.

Having second thoughts cos I look like my aunty Maggie. I'm 39, (since yesterday grin)

So, I'm letting you all know, that I'm going back to brown tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out..........

Jellykat Tue 11-Oct-11 22:40:45

Ooo Happy Birthday for yesterday! smile

I was thinking about exactly the same today too, but i'm 9 years older then you, and i have no idea how grey i actually am (because i've been dying it for soooo long) but i can periodically see a fair few of the buggers at the roots.

I guess we'll have to bite the bullet sometime (me sooner then you that's for sure).. but you can carry it off for a good few years yet, so yes i completely agree - go back to brown!

The grey thing will have to happen one day, but not just yet eh? grin

Whitecat Wed 12-Oct-11 10:51:34

I've got about 4 inches of real colour, which is according to the hairdresser 20% grey. My maths must be up the spout - looks like more to me.

On sunshiney days it looks great and I feel fine with it. On dull days thats exactly how I feel with it.

I've got an emergency dye in the cupboard in case I crack one day but I'm fighting the urge for the moment. If I can get through the winter then I'll feel I've achieved.

Whenever I see someone with nice grey hair I compliment them. Its my pathetic attempt to manipulate karma.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Wed 12-Oct-11 10:56:51

oh no I don't want to read this as I was thinking of trying the au natruelle greying colour & not dying mine anymore,am mid 40s & thought I might give it a go

but am now scared that others have tried & no likey <runs off to shop to buy hair dye to put in bathroom cabinet>

SenSationsMad Wed 12-Oct-11 14:42:00

I've done it and feel much much better! Feel shallow for saying it but there you go!

I will now commit to colour my hair, at home, every four/five weeks (again) until whenever.

Now if I could only commit to losing 3 stone I'd be where I want to be smile

Off now to start a thread on education, where the root of my white hair lies.......

Jellykat Wed 12-Oct-11 18:24:56

Congratulations SSM grin

Whitecat I bow in admiration to your willpower!

Maybe the rest of us should reconvene in say 5 years, and start a support thread.. I could start knitting an assortment of bobble hats tomorrow in preparation grin

SenSationsMad Wed 12-Oct-11 19:25:54

If I was a fan of LOL , I'd LOL, but I'm not so grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now