Talk

Advanced search

Boden stock issues

(10 Posts)
deliakate Tue 11-Oct-11 20:02:54

How the heck do you actually order stuff from Boden in your size? Every single time I have tried to shop there all I see in the size/colour I'm after is a 3 or 7 or whatever, meaning how many weeks you have to wait. Bit ridic for DS's winter clobber to be arriving at the end of November. When should I be shopping to get the full choice? When do they 'drop' the new season's stuff???

MrsKitty Tue 11-Oct-11 20:04:51

I think the number of weeks wait is usually a bit over the top (better to be 'early' than late, I suppose), for example I recently prdered a dress with an 8 week wait on it, but had it within 2 weeks.

Agree it's a bit rubbish though, and have been put off buying stuff in the past because of the listed wait time.

mirpuppet Tue 11-Oct-11 20:12:47

Order multiple sizes in the preview and you will get 20% off and all the sizes you want (and a very large charge on your credit card -- which give you incentive to return ASAP).

deliakate Tue 11-Oct-11 20:14:06

Thanks. What's the preview mirpuppet? How do you get notified when its happening?

saoirse86 Tue 11-Oct-11 20:36:35

I recently ordered something for dd and it said 2 weeks, which meant they sent it 2 weeks later so I actually got it 3 weeks after ordering.

It was my first order and I got a free scarf with it. Is that normal? confused

mirpuppet Tue 11-Oct-11 21:17:36

I usually know about the preview because of mumsnet S&B. I have given Johnnie an email that I do not monitor -- he may send me details but I can't be bothered to read through all his marketing.

Although I do love his pounds off vouchers -- but they come in plain envelopes to my house so once again I'm usually alerted by mumsnet.

mirpuppet Tue 11-Oct-11 21:18:39

In terms of frequency I think he has a preview 4 times a year -- once (or twice) for each season. I feel like the fall preview happened twice.

polyhymnia Tue 11-Oct-11 23:12:26

Yup, spring preview will prob. be coming up in November!

LaDolcheRyvita Wed 12-Oct-11 09:47:42

Yeah.... Johnny B should spend less time wasting paper on mail shots I didn't ask for and more time sourcing suppliers who can actually come up with the good! I waited so long for my last order that now, I just put the brochures straight into the recycling bin. Waste of time! I JUST DON'T WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG!!

saoirse86 Wed 12-Oct-11 10:02:12

I think I will only ever order things for dd a size bigger than she is. It would be seriously annoying to buy something for her only to find she's grown out of it by the time it arrives!

I also don't understand why they send so much marketing. A brochure a season would do, not one every fortnight! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now