Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

OVER HERE STYLE GURUS!! Another 'accessorise this dress for a wedding' thread :-)

(6 Posts)
YouCantTeuchThis Tue 11-Oct-11 18:32:13

Pretty please!

this is the dress

It is nice on. I can do heels, but I would prefer not to wear killer heels as I will be on uneven ground and ceilidh dancing grin. And it will likely be windy and cold.

TIA!

madammecholet Tue 11-Oct-11 18:48:18

Berry is everywhere this season and would go lovely with the grey:

berry clutch

shoes

new look

debenham

voscar Tue 11-Oct-11 18:50:31

I'd go for a bright, bold matching shoe and clutch bag - probably in patent. Berry would be really nice actually - jewellery, I'd go simple, silver or white gold and minimal.

HTH

YouCantTeuchThis Tue 11-Oct-11 22:46:32

Ya know, I hadn't even considered a dark red...

I wonder will it work [shakes off boring shades of mushroom and cream] grin

It is more browny than grey, will that still work with red?

madammecholet Wed 12-Oct-11 07:36:08

Would work really well with either tbh....

YouCantTeuchThis Thu 13-Oct-11 08:35:53

Thanks for all of the advice - I have gone for these shoes along with other red accessories and a deep red shrug. I do have a taupe-ey coloured hatinator which I am considering...

Dark red nails and possibly a nice red lippy (not sure I can carry that off...)

Can't believe I hadn't considered that colour-combo as I have it in my bathroom! If nothing else, I will match that...

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: