Talk

Advanced search

Best brand or shop for work handbag (200 quid ish budget)

(6 Posts)
belsize77 Tue 11-Oct-11 16:10:46

I am looking for a new work handbag. It must be leather (black or brown or maybe red) and able to fit a small laptop or an A4 notebook in. It can't be too fashion-ey and I don't like bling or shiny "hardwear" on bags. It needs to be able to go over my shoulder. I know from other threads that some of you ladies are true handbag experts and have seen lots of the suggestions on here (eg the Lucia) in the "flesh" ....

Is there somewhere particular I should just go straight to with that budget rather than treking round half London. I am happy to buy hardly used on ebay or alternatively am going to America very soon and could shop there if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any thoughts.

madammecholet Tue 11-Oct-11 17:31:29

Have you seen the new Milly bag same people as the Lucia you mentioned, looks big enough.. also look at RED direct, their new xmas catalogue had some beauties...

warmandwooly Tue 11-Oct-11 17:36:10

What about Longchamp-are they in that price range? I dont have any of their leather bags but do have a. Nylon tote which is well below that-le pilage i think is the name. 0ushka-maybe worth a try as would Russle and Bromley etc. TK Maxx?

saskia28 Tue 11-Oct-11 18:05:21

Or you could go for a simple leather satchel? Classic, Practical, something like this... www.style-passport.com/shop/vida-vida-new-season-classic-leather-satchel-black-995-e-e

belsize77 Tue 11-Oct-11 18:21:19

Thanks - is there anywhere that has the P&M bags on the high street? Also do you think that the bags in that price bracket (Oushka look lovely too by the way) are superior to those at about 75 pounds or so in Marks etc.... Sometimes it seems leather quality can be a bit random and price doesn't necessarily seem to be the best indicator.

Having looked at some other bag websites I think maybe I am after a tote or a hobo style. Obviously I love Bayswater's/Alexa's and the like but just can't bring myself to pay that much -there are lots at work to admire though.

madammecholet Tue 11-Oct-11 18:36:54

P&M are only online I think, but free returns so easy to look at one and send back... I think with bags you get what you pay for up to about £300, you can tell a £50 M&S bag from a £200 P&M/Oushka/Tabitha bag imo... the leather is FAR FAR better and much better made. But over that amount you're purely paying for the label..... Love Mulberry, but would never ever spend that much on a bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now