Talk

Advanced search

Lava shell massage vs regular massage

(10 Posts)
AbsofCroissant Tue 11-Oct-11 14:44:46

Which would you go for? I'm going to a spa for a day for my 21st 30th birthday, and want something massagey, but can't decide.

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 11-Oct-11 15:00:57

I have come on to your S&B thread because you told me to, but I cannot help because I loathe massages and spa treatments. i would sit in the bar and drink cosmopolitans whilst letching at the pool boys.

When is your birthday? Are you dreading it? I dreaded my 30th, but did have a lovely day.

AbsofCroissant Tue 11-Oct-11 15:03:04

15 days from now (thanks for coming over).

I'm mostly booked into a spa day so I can have an afternoon nap during the work week and faff about in a jacuzzi

I'm kind of dreading it. I think.

AbsofCroissant Tue 11-Oct-11 15:03:50

i like how obedient you are! I should find a way to use this ....

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 11-Oct-11 15:16:58

I hope you have a lovely day - I spent mine drunk grin

louloubellamozzarella Tue 11-Oct-11 15:54:51

Not sure what a lava shell massage is... can you even massage with a shell?!

To me, wishy washy light massage is no good. To be worthwhile it has to be nice and firm and to feel like it's loosened you up afterwards. Does the place do Thai yoga massage? That is the best a mon avis. Otherwise, swedish.

PinotScreechio Tue 11-Oct-11 16:13:24

I dreaded my 30th too, so DH bought me a gadzooka fuck-off-sized diamond ring. He's very well trained <cracks whip> <is wistful about the days we had spare cash>

Anyway, spas - no idea. I find them embarrassing and cringey, but I did have little fish eat my feet in France. It was a natural lake and the fish liked me <preens>

AbsofCroissant Tue 11-Oct-11 17:22:53

<is impressed by Pinot's prowess>

PinotScreechio Tue 11-Oct-11 19:39:17

You know it girlfriend <weird clicky finger thang>

cakeoholic Tue 11-Oct-11 20:48:18

I would say regular massage, I had a lava shell one and while the heat from it was nice it was uncomfortable over my bony bits iyswim. They should ask you whether you want it light medium or firm, I normally say medium to firm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now