Talk

Advanced search

Why are pyjamas so vile?

(15 Posts)
racingheart Tue 11-Oct-11 14:12:39

I want some new ones that don't have cartoon animals on them, don't make me look like an inmate of somewhere terminal, and aren't made of some static-loving poly-nylon rubbish. And I don't want to look like I live on Waltons mountain either. Is that so choosy?

Any ideas?

wellwisher Tue 11-Oct-11 14:13:48

Toast make the definitive pyjamas.

teta Tue 11-Oct-11 16:07:59

I have just bought some from Matalan.Denim blue vest top with lace and cotton brushed blue and white check bottoms with cream ribbon tie.They are a really nice shape [can get matching fleece dressing gown].Much nicer than Hush ones and tonnes cheaper [and fit 5ft 3 me].

southeastastra Tue 11-Oct-11 16:10:55

wear a nightie instead

mousyfledermaus Tue 11-Oct-11 16:12:16

john lewis has nice cotton ones.
have you looked at uniglo?

Toast are amazing but very £££££, unless in the sale.

Boden bottoms are fabby teamed with either their vests or l/s tees or ones from elsewhere.

racingheart Tue 11-Oct-11 18:08:41

Thanks. haven't tried Boden or Toast or Matalan or Uniqlo. Obviously I haven't looked hard enough yet!

TattyDevine Tue 11-Oct-11 18:11:33

I agree that your bog standard supermarket or cheapo and cheerful pj's are ridiculous.

Cartoons, silly slogans, saucy innuendos, animal print, weird colour combinations, just vile. And fabric from where polyester goes to die.

Plenty of nice PJ's out there but seem to be £45 or more!

TattyDevine Tue 11-Oct-11 18:12:56

Gap are quite good, it has to be said, they sell them seperately but nice tasteful brushed cotton or flannel bottoms and you can buy their cotton basics to go on top, camis or long sleeve or whatever. Particularly good if in the sale or with the 30% voucher but reasonable even at full price.

NhameCage Tue 11-Oct-11 19:06:01

Asda have lovely brushed (100%) cotton pyjama bottoms. I have got a pair of the mens ones to avoid a hideous pattern, actually bought them for DP and then requisitioned for my own use.

Shinyshoes1 Tue 11-Oct-11 19:13:52

There are some cute ones here at Matalan

www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/categorylist/dept/womens_womens-nightwear?resetFilters=true

janmoomoo Tue 11-Oct-11 19:16:48

Laura Ashley have got some great ones, but ££. Also cyberjammies are good.

BornToFolk Tue 11-Oct-11 19:17:08

I have a major thing for pyjamas. My favourites are Primark (cheap and cheerful) and Hush (good quality and lovely designs)

RosiethePriveter Tue 11-Oct-11 19:41:50

Bodas make lovely PJs

http://www.bodas.co.uk/nightwear.php

Pandsbear Tue 11-Oct-11 21:24:05

Another one for Toast (though def. in the sale). I need to remember this as every time I give in and buy some cheaper ones they always have 'issues'...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now