Talk

Advanced search

where do you blowdry/style your hair at home?

(5 Posts)
chandellina Tue 11-Oct-11 09:27:07

i find this a real quandry. I come from a country where there are electrical outlets in bathrooms and hence one can use a blowdryer/irons/whatever in front of the mirror and conveniently stash them away.

Over the years I've stood outside the bathroom with hairdryer on a power strip, trying to see into the mirror, used the reception mirror and kept my blowdryer next to the telly, used the guest room, apart from when there's a guest, etc.

It's always inconvenient and uncomfortable. I leave for work before DH so I can't do it in our bedroom. I don't have room to set up a dressing table anywhere anyway.

I'm curious what others do?

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 11-Oct-11 09:32:00

I have a guest room which I use as a dressing room (all my clothes are in there) and I have got a dressing table with all my potions on, a chair and a great big mirror. Could you set up a permanent space in your guest room?

miche8 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:39:31

i wash my hair at night, try to let it dry naturally but will give it a quick blast with the dryer before bed if needed, dryer kept in bedroom. In the morning i straighten it and apply makeup while my children are eating breakfast, one of the cupboards in the kitchen has my makeup bag and straighteners. Our kitchen is big so has a table and is open plan with the hallway where the huge mirror is. I can do hair and makeup and yell at children to eat breakfast all at the same time. I would like a dressing table but if i'm not in the same room my children won't get on with what they should be doing and we will be late, perhaps when they get a bit older.

chandellina Tue 11-Oct-11 09:43:22

my MIL stays with us once a week so I can't permanently set up in the guest room. I only wash my hair every other day but I still have to give it a few minutes with the blowdryer every morning to get it under control.

maybe standing up in my reception is the best spot - I just find it a bit ridiculous to stash brushes and hair serum next to the DVD player. We're having an understairs loo put in and I was dreaming that I could have an electrical outlet in there but apparently even without a shower or bath it's still not allowed.

sad

ChippyMinton Tue 11-Oct-11 10:14:28

Do hair in the bedroom. DH manages to snore through the blow-drying, and kindly checks that I've unplugged the straighteners if I ring him in a panic en route to work smile

Do make-up in the bathroom, as the light is better in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now