Talk

Advanced search

Childrens clothing

(20 Posts)
sam251 Mon 10-Oct-11 19:23:52

Hi All

Was just wondering where you shop for your babies/childrens clothing?

Jessicaalbastwin Mon 10-Oct-11 21:38:24

Verbaduet, Mothercare, next, bhs and debenhams, but main one is Mothercare.

sam251 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:02:57

I went into Mothercare yesterday and they have got buy one get on half price on their sale stuff! Is there quality any good?

accessorizequeen Tue 11-Oct-11 09:15:11

Mothercare trousers are ok, but found the vests/tops all stretched, not great quality for the price. I didn't pass on anything to 2nd dc from mothercare. Mainly H&M for me or gap/boden with a discount for stuff I'm handing down from ds1 to ds2 & ds3!

catsareevil Tue 11-Oct-11 09:17:40

Quality is OK I think, but I dont really like the style of clothes that they have. (Apart from the fleecy sleepsuits they do at winter time smile)

Jessicaalbastwin Tue 11-Oct-11 10:13:51

Hi sam251, the only item I wouldn't buy from mothercare is their girls tights, absoulately rubbish quality, I even complained to them once and got a refund.

forrestgump Tue 11-Oct-11 11:05:09

I have never bought clothes from mothercare. (other than babygrows and baby vest suits)

I am having a ZARA love at the moment for my kids.

MrsvWoolf Tue 11-Oct-11 11:14:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsvWoolf Tue 11-Oct-11 11:15:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sam251 Tue 11-Oct-11 11:37:49

I have seem H&M and Next have got some nice things, I dont usually shop in Mothercare although when I went in there the other day I was quite impressed some of their boys products looked really nice and their 3 pack t-shirts and fleeces seemed good value for money for nursey clothes

umiaisha Tue 11-Oct-11 11:52:29

We shop for DD (5) in Gap, H&M, River Island and Monsoon.

DS (7 months) gets his clothes from Gap, H&M, Monsoon (although find the boys range a bit limited) and Boots.

ruddynorah Tue 11-Oct-11 11:57:46

M&S, Zara, next, h&m.

onefatcat Tue 11-Oct-11 12:06:25

Pumpkin Patch are ok.

PrimaBallerina Tue 11-Oct-11 12:09:48

I like the Baby K range in Mothercare but not much else.

I love John Lewis, Boden, Gap and Joules (bought at sale time only).

Boots, H&M and Zara do great stuff on the cheap.

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Tue 11-Oct-11 13:20:53

I love all the Scandinavian brands - Smafolk, Mini a Ture, Molo, Phister and Philina, Polarn O Pyret etc. Some more expensive, but generally excellent quality and not as pricey as you may imagine (especially when they actually last in good condition until grown out of). I love the clothes from Bonpoint, but could never afford them and doubt I'd actually spend that much on 'ordinary' day-to-day clothes anyway. I tend to look at their website and then see what Zara has to compare to re-create the looks at a fraction of the price. I'd say most of DD's clothes are from Zara. Ilovegorgeous is fabulous, but only for the odd thing because, again, expensive.
I love nice childrens' clothes - my weakness.

CointreauVersial Tue 11-Oct-11 13:25:54

M&S, Primark and Next mostly. Or eBay. Or hand-me-downs.

Much as I love all the posh brands I couldn't justify that kind of money, and my DCs have decidedly high street taste anyway. The DDs (10 and 8) took one look at the Boden catalogue and went "Bleurgh!"

CaptainNancy Tue 11-Oct-11 13:41:13

John Lewis do lovely baby clothes- nice bright colours, usually practical designs, certainly not a pink/blue sea like other shops, and much more reasonable prices than boden.

I like the brands GOHW lists, particularly bonpoint, but babies grow out of stuff so quickly, I just don't think it's worth it.

Sainsburys and H&M do nice bright colours too, and you can usually find plainish things amongst the more garish stuff, and at a good price.

wigglesrock Tue 11-Oct-11 13:46:32

Asda, Tescos, Sainsburys and Next, sometimes I get the odd thing from M&S. I have 3dds - 6,3 year old and 8 month old

Sarahplane Tue 11-Oct-11 14:15:38

Sainsbury's, asda, m&s, next and h&m. John Lewis do lovely stuff too and great quality but couldn't afford to get everything from their just the odd thing. For stuff to hand down definitely John Lewis. Gap do fantastic fleece lined jeans for winter.

deliciousdevilwoman Tue 11-Oct-11 15:30:37

Boden, John Lewis, Pumpkin Patch, baby Joules, Jo Jo Maman Bebe, Noa Noa, Monsoon, TK Maxx, Lottie & Ted, Zara and Gap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now