Talk

Advanced search

Need a dress for wedding reception this weekend - help! (no boobs but big hips)

(6 Posts)
fraggle73 Mon 10-Oct-11 16:57:42

Need a dress, have tried a few one, which fit around the bum/hip area but massive on the boobs sad have ordered a few from Next which have gone back, waiting for one from Oasis. Not sure what type I should go for?

afishcalledmummy Mon 10-Oct-11 17:01:08

If you can get to a Sainsburys the Gok Wan wrap dresses are super - v flattering and with internal shapewear to smooth the silhouette if you want. I wore the printed version to a baptism at the weekend and got tons of compliments. It's a steal at £40 too!

TethHearseEnd Mon 10-Oct-11 17:48:04

this one?

afishcalledmummy Mon 10-Oct-11 17:56:18

Yes, that one - was posting from phone on the bus (oh the glamour) so couldn't link. It looks amazing on and the print version is lovely. I paired with a black jacket - unimaginatively I bought this one from the same collection, black pumps and a black clutch and felt rather glamourous. I'm reasonably full busted but I think it'll work really well on those small of bust, as I ended up resorting to tit tape so I didn't fall out.

fraggle73 Mon 10-Oct-11 21:37:10

Love it, will try my local sainsburys, will it cover a podgy belly too, or is that too much to ask.

afishcalledmummy Tue 11-Oct-11 08:53:51

I expect it will with the slip underneath - it's very snug so covers a multitude of sins! A top tip is to step into it and work it up over the hips rather than put it on over your head. It'll take some time to work into place but it does hold everything in and smooth out the lumps & bumps. Of course, you can wear the dress without the slip and I think the draping over the front would be forgiving to a podgy tummy.

Let us know how you get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now