Talk

Advanced search

Swimwear for big boobs and big bum

(5 Posts)
cornflakegirl Mon 10-Oct-11 12:47:09

I desperately need a new swimsuit. I have 36GG boobs, so would like underwire support, but swimsuits designed for my boobs are too small on my bum (size 22). I'm thinking I might need a tankini top, but I don't want to risk it riding up. I don't care too much about what style or colour it is, but I'm having trouble finding anything.

I take the kids swimming most weeks, and I'm mainly supervising my 2yo. So I don't need my cossie to do anything apart from cover as much as possible, and ideally keep my boobs away from my belly button. But I also don't want to spend £££s on a costume if it will disintegrate in the chlorine after a few weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

lynlynnicebutdim Mon 10-Oct-11 13:09:47

get thee to bravissimo. They have a good range of swimmers for the bigger of bust and curvier of bum.

cornflakegirl Mon 10-Oct-11 14:37:59

Yeah, I've tried stuff from Bravissimo before (get my bras from there normally) - but the swimsuits for my bra size were just too small on my bum.

vinegarpuss Mon 10-Oct-11 15:11:17

I posted this a couple of weeks ago for interested parties...

its joined but once on looks like a tankini, there are pads in the bust bit. I'm 36D size 16 and it's fine, even a bit flattering.

www.marksandspencer.com/Bodyshaper-Spot-Ruched-Halterneck-Swimsuit/dp/B004ZNTHAC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_30&nodeId=43167030&sr=1-30&qid=1318255597

also got the pink one which also looks like a tankini on but is one piece so wont ride up

www.marksandspencer.com/M-Woman-Control-Ruched-Swimsuit/dp/B0052AZP6C?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_4&nodeId=43167030&sr=1-4&qid=1318255597

cornflakegirl Tue 11-Oct-11 13:09:19

vinegarpuss - thanks for the link - it's a pretty swimsuit, but I think I really need underwires rather than just pads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now